Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   1st time traveling with cloth (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451712)

Sarah-B 10-08-2012 11:50 AM

1st time traveling with cloth

It is only a 2 day 1 night trip to see our new baby niece but so far we have had success with cloth while traveling. It is just as easy as sposies although I did pack some sposies just in case.
We have brought our softbums and our Bestbottoms because they take up the least about of room.

I feel so good about it too :)

Kissed by the Moon 10-08-2012 12:20 PM

Re: 1st time traveling with cloth

we bring cloth too when we travel and it's not any harder. I just put everything in a wet bag and wash it when i get home (if it's a short trip).

Fashionably Green Baby 10-08-2012 12:33 PM

I am going on a 12 hour car trip with all 3 kids and DH can't come and I will be taking our cloth. We will be gone 5 days

lynn97 10-08-2012 01:27 PM

We always travel w/cloth and it has been good. One trip, we nearly ran out of diapers due to DS having a poop-a-polooza but we made it. There have always been sposies wherever we went so i didn't worry too much.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

stlittleton 10-08-2012 05:16 PM

I'm so nervous to travel.. I'm still really new to cloth, and I've always wondered about poopy diapers on the go.. Do you just throw them in your wet bag and take care of it when you can? I've never let mine sit. My ds is formula feed, so I'm worried about it not washing out.

Teexie 10-08-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlittleton (Post 15786602)
I'm so nervous to travel.. I'm still really new to cloth, and I've always wondered about poopy diapers on the go.. Do you just throw them in your wet bag and take care of it when you can? I've never let mine sit. My ds is formula feed, so I'm worried about it not washing out.

You could use liners while you're in the car or anywhere else where you can't rinse right away. Just toss the liner if there's poop, otherwise wash and use again.

We use cloth when we're gone for 2-3 days (and only if we drove instead of fly), otherwise we do disposables. Mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to do laundry while I'm on vacation :)

LindsayMichelle 10-30-2012 08:00 PM

I traveled from Kansas City to Fort Benning, GA with cloth. Then the next weekend we left Fort Benning, GA got back to Kansas City to sleep 6 hours, then went to Colorage Springs, CO. Talk about a long trip. Did this when my daughter was 6 months old, everyone thought I was crazy but it saved us gobs of money.