Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Freezable Breakfast Recipes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451721)

aumismommy 10-08-2012 12:10 PM

Freezable Breakfast Recipes?

Do you have any to share?

I'm stocking my freezer for the winter- we have our second sweet baby due in about 6 weeks. I have a lot of dinners but just muffins and scones for breakfast. I know I can do quiches or frittatas both of which I've never made. So do u have ideas for recipes for those or other breakfasts? I'm thinking like a breakfast casserole? Or can I freeze breakfast sandwiches or burritos?

Any ideas would be great!

AugustHope 10-08-2012 10:54 PM

Re: Freezable Breakfast Recipes?

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-mo...fast-burritos/

I like this one!

raisingcropsandbabies 10-09-2012 05:27 AM

U can freeze breakfast sandwiches.
I love pioneer woman's quiche recipe, but add ham and green peppers to it (it is online). I slightly underbake if i am going to freeze it so when i reheat it it doesnt overbake.
Moneysavingmom has a recipe for baked oatmeal that she freezes.
Tammy from tammysrecipes has many breakfast recipes that can be frozen.
About amy breakfast casserole is hood to freeze (i like the basic one with egg, milk, sausage, bread, cheese, and bell pepper).
Another idea is frozen smoothie cubes (make a bunch of smoothies and freeze in ice cube trays. My boys love them.
Frozen fruit cups are a hit, but a tad expensive if using quality juice.

DottieHarley 10-09-2012 10:01 AM

We love frozen breakfast burritos! One trick, is when you are putting the filling in to make sure it is pretty "dry" otherwise when you nuke it the liquid will make the tortilla soft and useless, also flaming hot.

aumismommy 10-09-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies
I love pioneer woman's quiche recipe, but add ham and green peppers to it (it is online). I slightly underbake if i am going to freeze it so when i reheat it it doesnt overbake.
About amy breakfast casserole is hood to freeze (i like the basic one with egg, milk, sausage, bread, cheese, and bell pepper).
Another idea is frozen smoothie cubes (make a bunch of smoothies and freeze in ice cube trays. My boys love them.

Thank you! I'm going to check those out!

For the breakfast sandwiches - can u reheat in the oven? We don't use the microwave.

Lauren1041 10-11-2012 09:10 AM

i freeze breakfast sandwiches made with whole wheat english muffins, canadian bacon, scrambled egg, cheese. I've never used the oven though to reheat. I would think that would be a time suck. Like you could just make the sandwich fresh in the time it would take to heat in the oven?

I've also done burritos with the same type of ingredients and frozen them with great success. take a look around your freezer section at the breakfast items then copy it at home. That's what I do.

s@hmommy 10-11-2012 09:19 AM

You can freeze burritos and we make pancakes and freeze them as well. I usually add lots of fruit so the kids can eat them on the go if needed. They make a nice easy snack too.

kocho 10-13-2012 04:47 PM

Breakfast burritos. I just posted a link on my pinterest. They looked good. I'll get it for you.

kocho 10-13-2012 04:53 PM

Here's my breakfast repins. There may be something you can use there.

http://pinterest.com/kocho/breakfast-food/

jbug_4 10-14-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies (Post 15788057)

Do you use bananas in the smoothies? Ours are always banana, frozen strawberries and milk. Freezing in cubes is genius. DD can't have dairy so we have to make hers separate and a whole banana is way too much for her serving size and the left over half is too small for mine. Making the whole batch and freezing would be great.

op do you have a toaster oven? That would work well for heating a sandwich.