Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Introucing potty to 15 month old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451736)

jessnic 10-08-2012 01:38 PM

Introucing potty to 15 month old

How do I go about doing this? I am just looking to start offering the potty as an option?

knodceo 10-08-2012 01:43 PM

My daughter was interested at this age. I don't think you can do it unless they show interest. We started offering it to my 17 month old son and mention it whenever we change his pant, oh...big boys go on the potty...he's not there yet. I'd love to see tips.

Mom2jandb 10-12-2012 11:16 PM

I introduced the potty to DD1 around that age (I did not EC her). I just had one in every bathroom and talked about what it was for. She would try it out when naked (around bath/shower time). When she got the hang of going on command I would take her to the potty regularly throughout the day, and the rest is history :). It wasn't long before I could trust her to stay dry. Easy as pie.

jessnic 10-12-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2jandb
I introduced the potty to DD1 around that age (I did not EC her). I just had one in every bathroom and talked about what it was for. She would try it out when naked (around bath/shower time). When she got the hang of going on command I would take her to the potty regularly throughout the day, and the rest is history :). It wasn't long before I could trust her to stay dry. Easy as pie.

I think this is what I am going to try! Thanks!

simplyleah87 10-22-2012 10:19 AM

Re: Introucing potty to 15 month old

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2jandb (Post 15805436)

I think I'm going to try this! My 16 month old is obsessed with the toilet :p I may get some blueberry trainers and try it for 24 hours and see how it goes

OneAndCounting 10-24-2012 08:31 PM

Re: Introucing potty to 15 month old

I used to change DD (now three years) on the floor and at thirteen months I started putting her on the potty at diaper changes. I didn't EC her, but she was interested enough. If I checked her diaper and it was dry after an hour or more I would stick her on the potty, also if she was gassy or looked like she was getting ready to poop. Just doing it between changes was pretty successful! Have fun!