Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can you make this work for us? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451746)

clnapoli 10-08-2012 12:52 PM

Can you make this work for us?

I'm trying to find a nighttime solution using at least partially things we already have. We use Flips with Stay-dry during the day (want to keep stay-dry for night). I have a couple Hemp babies doublers, a couple Thristies Duo AIOs, and one Freetime.

I've been reading the threads about nighttime suggestions, I'm just not sure I'm ready to do all the wool and stuff. I'm willing to buy something, but I'm already frustrated looking at all the options, and don't want to keep buying stuff that won't work.

Last night I used a freetime with a hemp doubler, and he stayed dry (he's 4 months, FF, slept about 7 hours). Should I just get more of that? I'm scared to buy more of that if it's not going to be consistent or a longer-term solution for us, especially as he goes longer stretches at night.

TeachinAuntie 10-08-2012 12:55 PM

Re: Can you make this work for us?

I use the Thirsies Duo PRefolds (size 2) in both of my boys Alvababy pocket diapers for nighttimes. They are both heavy wetters & we were previously using sposies until I found this combo.

AZmommy 10-08-2012 01:05 PM

The free times with an added doubler under the flaps (I use a minky from FB) is working fanstastic on my 2.5 year old who still nurses through the night and can wear a nightime diaper up to 14 hours.

Deanna

armywife21 10-08-2012 01:06 PM

If it was me I would get an organic flip insert and top it with a fleece liner or something stay dry.

mikesheri08 10-08-2012 01:10 PM

You have a few options:
1. Freetime with hemp under the bottom layer/insert...can use one or two...I typically use two.
2. Use the Flip Stay Dry insert with hemp under the bottom...I'd use at least two.
3. Get a Flip Organic insert, put a stay dry layer on top, and can put hemp under the Flip Organic insert.

clnapoli 10-08-2012 01:15 PM

you guys are already helping me feel less overwhelmed:) i can definitely try these things! i bought the thirsties hoping that would work but was very wrong on that. i love those diapers but they are not absorbent at all!:( i'm gonna just be using them for at church i think.

should i just use the hemp doublers or should i get something like the hemp babies bigger weeds?

gehagge 10-08-2012 01:43 PM

I used the flip stay dry with 2 of the small hemp babies doublers for a while at night. It would probably still work, I just decided to do an organic with a fleece top and one doubler. If a really heavy wetter a stay dry on top of an organic is bulky but works

vivid 10-08-2012 03:15 PM

The Freetime with a doubler works well for us!

If you want something simple, maybe buy a BG 4.0. That way you can stuff whatever you want in there! The Microfiber with a hemp insert doubler should work too!

Mama to a small little Bean [b. 4.2.12]

clnapoli 10-08-2012 06:11 PM

will all that extra fluff at night keep him from sleeping on his side or tummy if he wants?...it seems like it would be really hard to roll over!

Yianna79 10-08-2012 06:19 PM

You can also do bamboo.

The bulk is squishy. He should have no issues moving in his sleep.