Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I need help asap! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451753)

vatblack 10-08-2012 02:18 PM

I need help asap!

I am a member of a website for which there is no address or telephone number listed. They do not allow any phone contact, it seems, (they used to) and their online service has declined from what it used to be.

If it is okay, I will name this site (if a moderator can weigh in here it would be great). It is a very well known site (in their field) with thousands of members.

Since I don't know if it is okay, I will just say what bugs me.

On this site you can draw up maps and then print them. It is not like googlemaps where you ask for directions from two points. You go into the map and hand draw a route that you like. It will print out the map, break the map up in different pieces and give very good cue notes.

Lately, I cannot get it printed in the detailed way I explained above. I keep trying to and it keeps just giving me the overview of the map without any cue notes. I have contacted them via e-mail, no response unless I ask about how to go about upgrading my membership! So, they do get my mails, I just don't get feedback on my problem. I have posted my concerns on their facebook page only to get generic answers that do not address the problem at all. It is something like: Sorry you have trouble. We have fixed the problems, please try to print your maps again!

I specifically asked if their is someone I can contact on the phone or per e-mail so that I can have more specific feedback. No-one addressed that request.

BBB wants an address in order to fail a complaint. Like their number, I can't find an address.

So, here is my request:
1) How can I find out the physical address and telephone number behind a company like that if I need to. Surely it must be listed SOMEWHERE.
2) Does anyone know of a mapping program like the one I mentioned that works well.

Thanks in advance!

themamageek 10-08-2012 02:21 PM

Did you check the Whois?

vatblack 10-08-2012 02:23 PM

Re: I need help asap!

What is Who is?

I found an address!

I'd still like info on phone numbers and how to get a place to contact me that just doesn't!

PBAki 10-08-2012 02:57 PM

Go here: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

If it's owned by another registrar it'll tell you. Say if it's Tucows or GoDaddy then just look up Tucows Whois or GoDaddy Whois and should give you the registration address.

But some service offer private listing so it may or may not disclose the actual owner of the site.

vatblack 10-08-2012 03:06 PM

Thanks. I got two different addresses. For the BBB one address will do I think. I hope they will call me back with help. They were good getting back to me 3 years ago when I reported a business.

I guess this post is now irrelevant. :)

themamageek 10-08-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBAki (Post 15785724)
Go here: http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp

If it's owned by another registrar it'll tell you. Say if it's Tucows or GoDaddy then just look up Tucows Whois or GoDaddy Whois and should give you the registration address.

But some service offer private listing so it may or may not disclose the actual owner of the site.

If it's a business, it's not supposed to have whois guard.

PBAki 10-08-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aithyne

If it's a business, it's not supposed to have whois guard.

??? I know a lot of businesses do...

themamageek 10-08-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBAki

??? I know a lot of businesses do...

Yeah they might do it but they aren't supposed to. Just like even personal sites aren't supposed to put fake info, just get Whois guard (which is really cheap).

PBAki 10-08-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aithyne (Post 15786493)
Yeah they might do it but they aren't supposed to. Just like even personal sites aren't supposed to put fake info, just get Whois guard (which is really cheap).

It's about privacy though? There is an argument about it if its professional but definitely not illegal. Some just don't want spam and other unsolicited contact.

themamageek 10-08-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBAki

It's about privacy though? There is an argument about it if its professional but definitely not illegal. Some just don't want spam and other unsolicited contact.

Not illegal, it has to do with domain registrars. I think it's ICANN that regulates it. You can lose your domain for not following through iirc. I'll have to look into it to make sure of the exact details again.