Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone hate Alva DG/Minky but like the regular PUL version (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451796)

sweetest 10-08-2012 04:18 PM

Anyone hate Alva DG/Minky but like the regular PUL version

So I just ordered a bunch of Alva DG and 1 Alva Minky... I can't believe how much I hate them. They are horribly bulky on my LO and the waist gapes unless it is on the smallest setting and then it seems way too tight on him.

I'm wondering if it is even worth it to try the regular Alvas... how different is the fit?

I am currently using flips with capri inserts and while I really like that combo... I want some pockets so I can have all my diapers ready to go without having to constantly be reloading in between laundry sessions... Maybe I should just get some BG 4.0s - I'm assuming if I like flips I will like these too... I was just hoping for a cheaper option!

ChihuahuaMama13 10-08-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetest
So I just ordered a bunch of Alva DG and 1 Alva Minky... I can't believe how much I hate them. They are horribly bulky on my LO and the waist gapes unless it is on the smallest setting and then it seems way too tight on him.

I'm wondering if it is even worth it to try the regular Alvas... how different is the fit?

I am currently using flips with capri inserts and while I really like that combo... I want some pockets so I can have all my diapers ready to go without having to constantly be reloading in between laundry sessions... Maybe I should just get some BG 4.0s - I'm assuming if I like flips I will like these too... I was just hoping for a cheaper option!

Try the color snap alas ( I think that's what they're called) they fit a lot better!

jessnic 10-08-2012 04:54 PM

Regular alva fits totally different than DG or minky so give them a try!

kalibratx4 10-08-2012 05:21 PM

Re: Anyone hate Alva DG/Minky but like the regular PUL version

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessnic (Post 15786227)

Agreed! I don't like DG's or Minky Alvas but love regular ones:thumbsup:

sweetest 10-08-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessnic (Post 15786227)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalibratx4 (Post 15786344)
Agreed! I don't like DG's or Minky Alvas but love regular ones:thumbsup:

So do you think the regular Alvas are more trim? Is the fit of the print vs. solid regular pul any different? I'm wondering if I should stick to the solid colors?

Yianna79 10-08-2012 07:30 PM

I not a fan of either and sold my 10 alvas to a friend.

BG snaps fit a bit wonky on my low, I can't fasten the bottom snap and top snap on same row. Bottom snap usually is one less than my top. I get a better fit on my aplix.

jessnic 10-08-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetest

So do you think the regular Alvas are more trim? Is the fit of the print vs. solid regular pul any different? I'm wondering if I should stick to the solid colors?

The only thing I have noticed is that each alva color or print can have slightly different size wings/tabs but overall they fit well on my chunky boy. I personally like the prints better because the PUL feels thicker.

amyrosita 03-14-2013 02:14 AM

I just orderd 15 aLVA OS and I am terribly disappointed. Something about the fit on my chunky thighed girl just isn't right. Every time she poops it leaks out around the leg holes! I don't know what to do...