Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ahhhhhh! I forgot my diapers. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451801)

mommy24babes 10-08-2012 03:31 PM

Ahhhhhh! I forgot my diapers.

We are at my parents for thanksgiving dinner and I realized that I forgot my diapers at home. I have no receiving blankets or anything!

Dd has had severe reactions to sposies when she was a newborn. So I'm hoping she will be ok after the next 5 hours or so.

I also couldn't get over the almost $20 for one small package of sposies. I could have had a new squishy cloth for that!

mommabritt 10-08-2012 03:33 PM

Oh no!! Maybe try putting her in some dish towels and safety pins if she breaks out. Gl!

abunchoflemons 10-08-2012 04:15 PM

Re: Ahhhhhh! I forgot my diapers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt (Post 15786151)
Oh no!! Maybe try putting her in some dish towels and safety pins if she breaks out. Gl!

Sounds like a good idea.

mommy24babes 10-08-2012 04:38 PM

So far do good.
Just trying to not let her sit in it at all wet.
Just a slight redness 2 diapers in.

Catbutt Diapers 10-08-2012 05:26 PM

tea towels flats!

stephbrown13 10-08-2012 05:31 PM

Not sure if this would work, but can you line the inside of the sposie with toilet paper or a paper towel or something so that there's a barrier between her and the diaper? God luck!

Yianna79 10-08-2012 06:16 PM

Get some a&d and slather it on her so her skin won't touch the sposie or try lining with a wash cloth

mommy24babes 10-08-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephbrown13
Not sure if this would work, but can you line the inside of the sposie with toilet paper or a paper towel or something so that there's a barrier between her and the diaper? God luck!

Wish I had seen this earlier. That what we ended doing but only after she had a reaction :(
Everywhere the diaper touched she is red like a sunburn only 2 sposies used.

It didn't occur to me earlier but I couldn't use anything from my moms as an improvised flat because she uses tide.
Last time I borrowed a flat from my cousin washed in tide her bum was bleeding within an hour.

Guess I'll be doing cloth when we go on vacation. I half hoped she had outgrown it.

Yianna79 10-08-2012 07:20 PM

Which brand of sposies? Maybe you need to do a chlorine free or a sensitive version?
Poor little one :(

RockinLou 10-08-2012 08:39 PM

oh no! This is why my two yuckiest, most beat up AIOs from my daughter have been living in the back of my car for the past six months... because once I left without a diaper, and ended up with my son in my t-shirt and driving home in a rain poncho :blush: