Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What does your picky toddler eat? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451843)

mumtothem 10-08-2012 05:16 PM

What does your picky toddler eat?

What do you make that you know your picky little one will eat?I dont make a separate meal for my picky eater but I do tend to try to make something within the meal that he will eat.But Im running out of ideas to try with him.His favorite foods at the moment are pb&j sandwiches, toast with either pb or j, toast with nutella, "puffins" (pancake cupcakes), chicken nuggets (homemade), fries, carrots with dip,ect

solarbabies 10-08-2012 07:59 PM

Re: What does your picky toddler eat?

DD is into "baby oof" right now. That is baby food sweet potatoes :giggle: She LOVES them! But...too much gives her the runs :/

Teexie 10-08-2012 08:13 PM

I don't think DD is picky, but there are some things she will *always* eat: cheese cubes, cubed chicken, grapes, apples, banana, cooked carrots, baked sweet potato fries.

menthomas 10-08-2012 08:19 PM

Turkey hot dogs :blush: he could eat these 3 times a day. Generally he will eat chicken if its given to him at dinner. Pb and jelly. Mandarin oranges. Eggs with cheese and bacon. And waffles with pb. That's about all he eats.

Leiiki 10-08-2012 08:30 PM

DD goes through picky days and days when she eats anything and everything.
Always edible:
GoGo Squeeze Applesauce
Cheese cubes on toothpicks (apparently the pick makes them special?)
Apples
Pretzels
Nori sheets (she calls them seaweed chips)
Rice balls
Spaghetti noodles
Pepperoni
Poached egg
Tofu cubes
Kefir
Yogurt

If you don't mind a little extra prep, I find cutting shapes and decorating food helps a lot on picky days. You can use cookie cutters or buy special bento kits. Dinosaur toast, bunny cucumbers, or smiley-face eggs might do the trick.

MrsAsh 10-08-2012 08:37 PM

Mashed Potatoes
Baked Beans
Fries
Chicken
pancakes
biscuits
PB crackers

anything else is a miricle. :banghead:

joyous 10-08-2012 09:19 PM

My DD isn't super picky, but if she refuses what I made for dinner, she will almost always eat a bowl of oatmeal with either blueberries or apples mixed in.

happysmileylady 10-08-2012 09:25 PM

Well, my 2 yr old straddles the line between picky and sensory issues. So, there are VERY FEW things she will eat.

She will eat most flavors of yogurt...but not with a spoon, only by dipping her fingers in it and sucking it off her fingers. And lately, she's been rejecting that too.

Waffles..any flavor, but nothing on it-she eats it more like a cookie than a waffle.

Pancakes, but only about 25% of the time.

Muffins, of ANY flavor or variety. I try to be sure to make several kinds for variety-banana, zucchini, carrot, etc She will NOT however eat cupcakes, too sweet I think.

Cookies, any kind or flavor, but nothing with frosting on it.

Chicken nuggets, but only Tyson or Mc Donalds. I CANNOT get her to put a single homemade nugget in her HAND let alone in her mouth.

Some versions of fries and or tater tots but not others.

She will eat a mashed up banana if I feed it to her, but she will NOT feed herself a banana at all, mashed or otherwise.

Sometimes if she feels like it, she might eat bread or toast, sometimes with peanut butter, but that's hit or miss.

Sh will not eat-
vegetables or fruit raw or cooked. If they are cooked into a muffin or bread she has no problem with the flavor, but she won't touch the actual fruit or vegetable. I keep trying, no luck.

Eggs, in any form. Fried, scrambled, etc, she won't touch them.

Pasta, in any form or shape. Sauce no sauce, fun shapes or not, white, whole wheat, veggie, filled, plain old spaghetti, none of it.

Any other form of meat-regular chicken, beef in any form, pork, ham, sausage, she won't touch any of it.

Cake, at all

And pretty much anything else not on that "will eat list."

mumtothem 10-09-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menthomas (Post 15787350)
Turkey hot dogs :blush: he could eat these 3 times a day. Generally he will eat chicken if its given to him at dinner. Pb and jelly. Mandarin oranges. Eggs with cheese and bacon. And waffles with pb. That's about all he eats.

He was on a mandarin orange kick for weeks, I swear he was going to turn into an orange.But at least their healthy.
oh and I need to try the cube cheese on a tooth pick.Maybe that will work.

Leiiki 10-09-2012 01:47 PM

They have alphabet-shaped chicken nuggets now. DD was very intrigued :) Possibly better than "Dinosaur Meat" (dino-shaped chicken nuggets).