Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Weaning Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=178)
-   -   I just need support. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451859)

aldermother 10-08-2012 05:50 PM

I just need support.

I decided to stop nursing my son yesterday. He is a day short of 22 months. I nursed his older brother for 25 months. I have been contemplating weaning for a couple of months because I am not producing much, it takes a bit of suckling before I feel any let down, it has become a bit painful and my little guy is an aggressive toddler who twists and turns while nursing. Basically I wasn't enjoying the time anymore. And he has been waking at 4AM religiously for a feeding, which I have not been able to curb.
Anyhow, yesterday I felt ready, went cold turkey upon waking, and told him "I'm sorry, mama's milk is all gone." Last night was rough getting to him to sleep, but my DH helped.
This morning, driving to work, I had a complete break down and sobbed, sobbed, sobbed. Maybe I am not emotionally ready for this. My DS really isn't taking it as hard as I am, as he has been drinking plenty of goat's milk in cups these past few months. I even cried at work, it took me at least 20 minutes to recover. I don't know why I'm taking it so hard, I don't think I was this way with my older son. I'm just so sad.
Please let me know it'll be okay, we've gone 36+ hours, I don't think I want to turn back.

Alaga 10-08-2012 06:22 PM

It'll be ok!! No good advice for you, but if you are starting to resent nursing, it sounds like a good time to stop. :hugs:

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

dudleypippen 10-08-2012 06:28 PM

What an amazing mama you are! Your baby has gotten so much good stuff by nursing that long and now it's time for you to enjoy the next phase of your relationship. Hugs mama!

lovebabies 10-08-2012 06:40 PM

It's going to be fine! You are a wonderful mama! It's always a little hard to close a door on one phase of the relationship with our kids, but it just means a new door has opened. :hugs: You're going to make it!

abunchoflemons 10-08-2012 06:44 PM

Re: I just need support.

U were amazing 4 that long. I made 3 to about 6 with oldest & 14month with second (when I got preg again & it was right away cold turkey ). She wasn't happy & satisfied & yet I was trying to go as long as I could but yes a distractable toddler to nurse & would stare even daddy down to leave to eat. In month I got preg milk dropped lots & everyone involved unhappy. Hugs.

KelseyH 10-08-2012 07:06 PM

Awww. DS was very similar - aggressive, fidgety, demanding - and it got to the point where I couldn't take it. If you were resenting it, it was time for weaning. Nursing is no good if mama is miserable. You made it much longer than I did, though! Good for you <3

aldermother 10-08-2012 07:37 PM

Thanks everyone, the flood gates have opened again...geez I am not pregnant or pms...I don't know why I am crying so much about this. It's sooooo hard!

blessed1018 10-09-2012 03:11 PM

:hugs:

strongwoman 10-10-2012 04:46 PM

I cried too, when my DS2 decided he didn't want to nurse anymore at 13 months because I was preggers again. Let it out and cry :). I was sad for a week... Ok maybe more like two weeks!

aldermother 10-10-2012 06:40 PM

It's better today. My LO is much stronger than me! He asks to nurse, but I offer him a cup of milk, he protests "no, no, no" then he's easily distracted onto something else. Thank you all who have posted!