Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   How do gymbucks and the coupons work? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451916)

Leanbh 10-08-2012 09:22 PM

How do gymbucks and the coupons work?

I always see you ladies talking about gymbucks and also the coupons. I never buy from gymboree, just pick up items in garage sales etc. I'm wondering how this works though as they have a good resale value for when I'm done and if I could use coupons/gymbucks to get a discount.

Oh, and is crazy 8 just a less expensive gymboree store? Because I walked into one this w/end and thought it was gymboree until I saw the tags on the clothes:giggle2:

tmwmommy 10-08-2012 09:33 PM

Gymbucks are earned during specific earning periods. They are a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase that you receive for spending $50 during the earning period. The redemption period for gymbucks is usually 10 days long.

Coupons are usually 20% off and can be found in parents and parenting magazines. If you sign up for a rewards card, they sometimes email coupons as well plus you can earn $5 for every $250 spent. It takes a long time for me to earn but it's always nice to get a few bucks once on a while.

Leanbh 10-08-2012 09:47 PM

Re: How do gymbucks and the coupons work?

So can you use your gymbucks and a 20% off coupon at the same time?

I seem to get a lot of those in magazines actually...

aprilkek 10-08-2012 09:48 PM

Yes, Crazy 8 is owned by the same company as Gymboree and they are the cheaper brand (love them!)

JulieBeth 10-08-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh (Post 15787649)
So can you use your gymbucks and a 20% off coupon at the same time?

I seem to get a lot of those in magazines actually...

No, you cannot. :)

Yes, Crazy 8 is in the same "family" as Gymboree. Janie and Jack, Gymboree, and Crazy 8 are all together. :)

Leanbh 10-08-2012 10:07 PM

Ah, thanks for the info ladies. So funny as I genuinly thought I was in Gymboree as it was laid out exactly like the one by my home( I was out of town this w/end). Wonder what the thought is behind having two stores almost the same?

lynn97 10-08-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanbh
Ah, thanks for the info ladies. So funny as I genuinly thought I was in Gymboree as it was laid out exactly like the one by my home( I was out of town this w/end). Wonder what the thought is behind having two stores almost the same?

Many companies do this. Like Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy or Intimate Brands which owns several similar stores (Express, The Limited, etc). It's similar stuff but at different quality levels/price points.

I wish we had a Crazy 8. I haven't ever been in one.

Leanbh 10-08-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynn97 (Post 15787714)
Many companies do this. Like Banana Republic/Gap/Old Navy or Intimate Brands which owns several similar stores (Express, The Limited, etc). It's similar stuff but at different quality levels/price points.

I wish we had a Crazy 8. I haven't ever been in one.

Yes, I knew about the connections/owned by same company, it's just SO similar though. Like Banana Republic is very distinctive as is Old Navy. But Gymboree and Crazy 8 are so similar. Janie and Jack is a bit more $$. Well, they are certaintly making money that's for sure....

lynn97 10-08-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, I knew about the connections/owned by same company, it's just SO similar though. Like Banana Republic is very distinctive as is Old Navy. But Gymboree and Crazy 8 are so similar. Janie and Jack is a bit more $$. Well, they are certaintly making money that's for sure....

Interesting. As I said, I have never been in a Crazy 8. When I looked online, I didn't like their stuff as well as Gymboree, though. I am guessing that their quality is more like Gymboree outlet quality (which is noticeably less IMO although I will still buy from there occasionally if the price is right and I like something).

wolffie 10-09-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

I always see you ladies talking about gymbucks and also the coupons. I never buy from gymboree, just pick up items in garage sales etc. I'm wondering how this works though as they have a good resale value for when I'm done and if I could use coupons/gymbucks to get a discount.

Oh, and is crazy 8 just a less expensive gymboree store? Because I walked into one this w/end and thought it was gymboree until I saw the tags on the clothes:giggle2:

Crazy 8 is less expensive than Gymboree but in my experience it is not the same quality. It's more equivalent to old navy and doesn't hold the same resale value at Gymboree.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum