Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What do you use for your super soakers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451986)

ihvnangel 10-09-2012 08:23 AM

What do you use for your super soakers?

I used cloth with my youngest two, and had no problems with any leaking. I didn't really understand the "super soakers" I heard about... fast forward to know, I have a darling little foster baby boy~and wow! He is a super soaker! Right now I am using disposables on him and I have to buy the overnight diapers for him because the regulars just don't work, he will leak right through. I would love to find something in cloth that would work. I was bummed because a year or so ago I bought the artist edition of bum genius to use, and some prefolds and still those don't work. So I will be selling off the bg's and trying to find something that will. Any advice on what works for those super heavy soakers would be so very appreciated!!! We know the plan for the parents will take at least 3-6 months still (if not longer) so would love to buy some cloth for him! :) Oh and right now he is about 22 pds, and just turned a year old~if that makes a difference at all?! Thanks!!

nonipie 10-09-2012 08:41 AM

Re: What do you use for your super soakers?

I would keep the BG and stuff them with Flip organics.

yogamama28 10-09-2012 09:35 AM

Did you try stuffing the BG with the prefolds?

Bellamoon 10-09-2012 10:18 AM

Flip organically are te only thing that hold my super soaker for more then a minute. I use them to stuff pockets or just lay in covers

c&w's mama 10-09-2012 03:07 PM

I used gmd prefolds with doublers (cotton or hemp)... and 2 prefolds (one huge! and one appropriately sized for the boy or a flip organic trifolded) with one or 2 hemp doublers at night (under oversize wool).

Good luck!

armywife21 10-09-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 15788597)

ITA!

newmommy13 10-09-2012 07:58 PM

i have a dfs that size that is just about to turn one too! :) he soaks through sposies too! he's a tummy sleeper so i think that makes it a little harder, for the first week or so i wash changing sheets every morning because he peed out the top!

we are using a premium LL prefold with a three layer fleece topped hemp doubler and another large sandys bamboo doubler. he is a really short kiddo so even folded down in front (key for a tummy sleeping boy!!!) it about comes up to his armpits. :giggle:

for day we are using a little lions capri pf stuffed into china cheapy pockets but we are getting frequent leaks. i don't know if its the diapers or the pfs, the back of the pfs isn't wet just the front so i'm wondering if he's not just holding it and flooding the dipe before it has a chance to absorb. i have some bg secnods on the way so hopefully that will tell me if i need to work on a new insert or if its the diapers fault.

the flip inserts intrigue me! are they like a pf or like the one size bg inserts with snaps?

momgoddess 10-10-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonipie (Post 15788597)

THIS.

ihvnangel 10-10-2012 09:53 PM

Thank you all so much for your recommendations. I do have some prefolds, but last time I tried them it didn't seem to last much longer. I will try the larger size, I just didn't want it to be too bulky. And I will also look into the flip inserts! :)

Newmommy~That is neat you have a sweet little foster son too. :) Our little guy is soo tall, and like your lil one sleeps on his tummy. Lots of changing the sheets! ;-) lol

Anyways, thanks to you all, have a great night!!

noahsmommy2007 10-10-2012 10:01 PM

I was searching the same thing tonight and found this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1E-gvN1YO8