Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   All Things Carseats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Has Anyone Replaced a Marathon with a Frontier? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451989)

badmisterkitty 10-09-2012 08:35 AM

Has Anyone Replaced a Marathon with a Frontier?

I have ZERO access to places where I can try out seats in my vehicle, so thought I'd ask here. Does anyone have experience with swapping out a Marathon for a Frontier? Is there a huge difference in fit? We've got 3 across in a Trailblazer and it is currently up against a Chicco infant seat but will eventually be right next to a RF marathon. Both seats (Marathon & Frontier) are 19 inches wide, though I hear the Frontier is a MONSTER seat.

Thanks!

mommabritt 10-09-2012 10:39 AM

I didn't swap a marathon for a frontier but I have owned two marathons in the past and now own a frontier (among others). I also currently have a roundabout 55 which is supposedly the same size as the marathon.

Both seats are wide. But they wide in different spots. Frontier sits against the seat and is low profile whereas the roundabout sits on a base and up high and out far. I don't find the frontier to be monstrously huge. Marathon may overlap other seats allowing for a good puzzle but I have no experience with this. I do not know how they puzzle though because mine are in captains chairs and my third row bench is large so may not be an issue.

luvsviola 10-09-2012 01:00 PM

Re: Has Anyone Replaced a Marathon with a Frontier?

Frontier is wide at the base. Diapers.com has free return shipping, so if it doesn't fit, you could send it back.

Holly dolly 10-09-2012 01:07 PM

The frontier is very wide at the base. I was unable to do 3 across in a 2005 Dodge Caravan using the Frontier and 2 Graco seats of my sisters. It wasn't even close. :)

badmisterkitty 10-09-2012 03:48 PM

Thank you! I've been on the fence about ordering it. It looks similar to the Parkway at the base and we have one of those. I might need to hold out until I can get to Minneapolis again and try some seats out in the car.

hopetc 10-09-2012 04:09 PM

A frontier does not fit nicely next to a rf roundabout which is very similar to a marathon (had a marathon before). They had to both be on side seats. We have three across only because the third seat is a lb booster and the smallest we could find that barely fits (harmony literider from walmart). It does seem that a frontier puzzles nicely with a ff roundabout but that does not help he now ;)

Yellow Jewel 10-10-2012 11:43 AM

Check out a Sunshine Raidian or Diono. They rank right up there with the Frontier but are slimmer to fit 3 across.
I've been looking at a Frontier, but I'm not sure if/how to get it in btwn a Marathon and a Roundabout.

badmisterkitty 10-10-2012 02:07 PM

A frontier does not fit nicely next to a rf roundabout which is very similar to a marathon (had a marathon before).

Good to know since that's what we're working with.

Check out a Sunshine Raidian or Diono

We have a Radian in one of our vehicles. Would like to buy a couple more down the road.

I think I'll skip the Frontier for now since the Marathon isn't outgrown. Just wanting something new, if I'm being honest. :)