Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diaper for a 4 year old at night? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451996)

SillyEllie 10-09-2012 08:47 AM

Diaper for a 4 year old at night?

Yes, my 4 year old still wears diapers at night. She's about 37lbs and is almost out of sz.5 disposables. Regular cloth diapers wont fit her and she complains they are uncomfortable anyways if they are bulky. So here is what I'm looking for and it probably doesn't exist but I need something that fits her, that isn't too bulky (preferably something like underwear), that is absorbent enough for night time use (she's not even close to training so she pees ALOT) but something that doesn't cost $30 each! I saw the superundies night time but no way I can convince my husband of spending that much on a diaper. HELP!

ahess529 10-09-2012 09:26 AM

I was going to say super undies. My soon us 4.5 and wets occasionally at night. Also check out flips trainer, maybe with the plus size panels. They may make it big enough for you. My son is 34 lbs and fits in regular flip trainer. Plus you cask reuse the shell

SillyEllie 10-09-2012 09:28 AM

Re: Diaper for a 4 year old at night?

I was leaning towards the flips. She has a small waist so I think they will fit but I'm concerned with the soaker. Do you think they are night time worthy? I know I could probably double up but she will complain if it's too bulky...

FindingMercy 10-09-2012 09:32 AM

I'm not sure a fabric exists that is trim enough to hold a heavy wetting 5-year-old overnight without being a bit bulky. Would wearing a bulky overnight diaper help convince her to train? Or is it a SN issue?

How much are you spending on a pack of disposable trainers? How many of those will you have to buy before she night trains? If its more than $60 total, then why not buy a couple pairs of super undies? I would scoff more at the ongoing cost of disposable trainers than the price of a couple cloth trainers that can be used by future children of resold.

SillyEllie 10-09-2012 09:36 AM

well if it was up to me I would just buy the superundies but my husband isn't a fan of cloth anyways and he is the one who makes the money so I wouldn't even ask him to buy those because I know he will say no. She's no where close to night training so it will be a while until we are out of diapers at night

Xanders 10-09-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FindingMercy
I'm not sure a fabric exists that is trim enough to hold a heavy wetting 5-year-old overnight without being a bit bulky. Would wearing a bulky overnight diaper help convince her to train? Or is it a SN issue?

How much are you spending on a pack of disposable trainers? How many of those will you have to buy before she night trains? If its more than $60 total, then why not buy a couple pairs of super undies? I would scoff more at the ongoing cost of disposable trainers than the price of a couple cloth trainers that can be used by future children of resold.

Yeah, disposable trainers are very expensive & my trainers I listed on FSOT practically flew out the door. So, you can try & then recoup some.

Flips would be good, but the tabs don't adjust much (FYI). You can double up on the inserts by tucking them in.

Other good options are GroVia, Motherease Bedwetters, & super undies. I would get fleece longies to put over anything you get to keep sheets dry in case of leaks- they can double as pj pants & can be pulled up & down.

The Fancy Pansy 10-09-2012 09:54 AM

I just saw flip trainers in the second sale at cotton babies! I haven't used them, but they might work for you.

SillyEllie 10-09-2012 10:14 AM

oh well, I might just have to stick to disposables at night for her. I can't convince my husband to spend $60+ on training pants. I think maybe I was looking for something that doesn't exist

4boys1girlforme 10-09-2012 10:20 AM

I like snap ez stuffable trainers- their sizing goes up to adult! You can stuff with anything you prefer and can change absorbency as necessary. My 4 year old son still wears a cd at night- I can use large FB (I think they are made in Turkey and run larger- we tried XL before that and they were too big- he's thin).
I stuff each one with 2 large OBB inserts and 1 large babykicks premium hemp insert.
Hemp babies bigger weeds would probably work well too and I see them on FSOT.

badmisterkitty 10-09-2012 10:27 AM

How about a Mother Ease XL AIO? Maybe not big enough, but my almost 5yo average sized DD can wear one. Then lay in something additional, like a flip organic or something equally absorbant.