Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When did you decide to just call it quits as far as CD'ing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452162)

Luvingmy4boys 10-09-2012 03:43 PM

When did you decide to just call it quits as far as CD'ing?

My son is 3.5 yrs old and we are starting the potty training process. I can usually get him to poop in the toilet if I can catch his signals. He doesn't have any regularity to going though. He still needs a diaper for pee though. The problem is that I can't find any diaper that I'm happy with. I wanted an easy AIO but when I found the absorbency the red marks were a problem. Also, there are times when the laundry tabs leave impression marks on his skin and my DH and I don't like that. I don't think there is anything that I haven't tried. He only goes through about 6 or 8 diapers a day. I don't like keeping diapers sitting in a wetbag to get enough to make it worth washing. At this point, I'm thinking sposies might be cheaper but I hate the smell of them. I have been using sposies for night-time anyways. I just don't know what to do right now since he's not pee trained yet. I can't even find a trainer I like other than Imse Vimse and he's not ready for those yet.

What made you call it quits?

BirthdayMama 10-09-2012 04:27 PM

Re: When did you decide to just call it quits as far as CD'ing?

That would do it for me. My DD1 is day trained totally, but I've given up on cloth at night for her. She gets welts on her butt cheeks no matter what detergent I use (the list of what I've tried is LONG). It's just not worth it.

QTKT 10-09-2012 04:42 PM

I'd probably switch to disposables too. I think by the time you spend a bunch of money trying out new diapers or trainers in the hope that something will work, he'll probably be nearly trained. I tend to feel like cloth diapering shouldn't be stressful for you!

QTKT 10-09-2012 04:48 PM

Also, when we were potty training my son he went around the house in underwear with no pants on. Maybe you could try fitteds with no cover around the house with no pants? Fitteds might help him and you both know when he's getting wet and might make him more aware? I don't know if that's helpful at all, just trying to throw ideas out there!

BeccaSueCongdon 10-09-2012 05:15 PM

I've been putting DD in Gerber training undies around the house. We even double up (two pairs) and sometimes put a cover over if we know she'll be on furniture and we can't watch for signals. It's still pretty "diaper-like" but at least it's got the pulling them on and off skill that she's mastering and they keep pee from puddling.

At night we still use BGs.

Super Undies were our Fave night diaper with my son (still are) bc they absorb SO MUCH but look like underpants. They are bulky, especially if you stuff them, but they are bulletproof!

keen1981 10-09-2012 05:24 PM

I packed it all up at 24&26 months with my boys. When we committed to potty trainning, we committed. Lol. Only used trainers for a week and only out of the house, we intentionally stayed home for the most part.. Both trained without much fuss after 3-5 days..

AZmommy 10-09-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

He only goes through about 6 or 8 diapers a day.
umm thats how many my non PT in any way child goes through I was every 3rd day around 18 diapers and it is a full load. Sposies are still a bit of an expense if I use them full time about $35 a month for Target brand diapers if I go full time with them.
however I do understand the fit issues. My oldest was a late trainer so we had to find diapers that fit her at 4 years and she was only the taller side for her age.. We found success with the snap EZ trainers and pockets I got made to fit her measurments. Howeveer Im not even sure if they are offered anymore.

Kabuki24 10-09-2012 05:30 PM

Just use disposables. It's okay.

AZmommy 10-09-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24 (Post 15790963)

oh yea and this :giggle:

BeccaSueCongdon 10-09-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24

Exactly. :-) If it's less stress/work for your family at this point, go for it! :-) Cloth diapering isn't supposed to make you want to bang your head on the wall. :-)