Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does anyone not like Disana? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452188)

armywife21 10-09-2012 06:58 PM

Does anyone not like Disana?

I heard great things about these covers so I ordered one in the XL size based on weight thats what we needed. It is WAY to huge and just doesn't feel soft and squishy like our knit wool. Should I give it another chance with a smaller cover or doesn't it have that squish factor?

mommy24babes 10-09-2012 07:33 PM

Have you felted it at all?
I found it to be much softer after light felting. It will also shrink it down a bit.
I love them.

ServingHim 10-09-2012 07:46 PM

Re: Does anyone not like Disana?

I never liked them. They were always too tight on the legs and the seams would leave marks. I also never found them soft even after lots of washing and use.
You should try the sbish knit soakers, very soft and the thighs aren't tight and never left marks.
Sbish wins hands down for night wool in my book!

armywife21 10-09-2012 08:17 PM

I have one of those coming so hopefully that is much more loveable for us. I didn't want to felt it because I don't know what I'm doing and I am scared for wrecking it and not being able to sell it. It would need to be felted at least 1/3 or more to make it fit though. Now just hopefully our L sbish fits! I need some knit shorties now :giggle: Why didn't anyone tell me wool was addicting.

soon2b3 10-09-2012 08:22 PM

Love disana!! They don't fall apart like sbish and are reasonable in price. We size up and let them felt naturally. They do shrink/felt ovder time.

Beesgirl 10-09-2012 08:39 PM

They work great but are not very pretty IMO. I used mine only at night.

Hi-Dog 10-09-2012 08:45 PM

I have only one and it's pretty roomy, but I so far really like it. It's pretty bulky, so I only use it at home/night.

RockinLou 10-09-2012 09:46 PM

I have one tha tis super soft and squishy, i love it, but I never use it so I am going to FSOT it ... it is a medium, 12-24 months and I think it is huge on my 16 month old, I have some heavily felted XL that fit better in the body but are too tight at the legs... I'm not consistent with cloth at night, DS tends to wake up when he's in a fitted, so it's kind of pointless to keep it for night when I don't use it for that. After buying new at full price, I really wish I loved it more than I do!

fish3737 10-09-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ServingHim (Post 15791258)
I never liked them. They were always too tight on the legs and the seams would leave marks. I also never found them soft even after lots of washing and use.
You should try the sbish knit soakers, very soft and the thighs aren't tight and never left marks.
Sbish wins hands down for night wool in my book!

I turn my Disana soaker inside out and put in on with the seams out.

I washed and felted the heck out of mine (I even put them in the dryer to felt them more quickly). Not sure this is okay but when it is wet I also make sure to kinda stretch out the leg holes before air drying. I think after felting the texture changes and it gets a lot softer.

Sbish soakers I don't love as much - but for some reason I do really like sbish longies overnight. Maybe it is just a cut issue between the soaker and the longies.

ServingHim 10-09-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish3737 (Post 15791910)
I turn my Disana soaker inside out and put in on with the seams out.
I washed and felted the heck out of mine (I even put them in the dryer to felt them more quickly). Not sure this is okay but when it is wet I also make sure to kinda stretch out the leg holes before air drying. I think after felting the texture changes and it gets a lot softer.

Sbish soakers I don't love as much - but for some reason I do really like sbish longies overnight. Maybe it is just a cut issue between the soaker and the longies.

I don't know why I never thought to do this!
We don't do wool anymore but that is a good idea!