Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Keeping emergency diapers in the car? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452219)

mommysaurusrex 10-09-2012 08:47 PM

Keeping emergency diapers in the car?

Anyone do this? What do you keep? I have disposables in the car now but would like to add cloth. I was thinking an econobum cover and prefolds, with some cloth wipes(dry) is it ok to keep a bottle of water in there too?
I'm a bit worried the elastic on the cover would get shot but I'm sure ill use it before them...thoughts?

Xanders 10-09-2012 08:52 PM

I keep a few in my car, but a bottle of California Baby diaper wash spray is always in my purse! Also keep a changing pad & clothes in my car! :). It's nice to have a back-up!

armywife21 10-09-2012 08:58 PM

Re: Keeping emergency diapers in the car?

I would use your least favorites but ones that you still know you can count on to perform! :) We keep back ups in our car too.

ETA I just keep a spare (black skip hop duo) diaper bag packed in the car with diapers, wipes, changing pad, a change of clothes for each kid (my oldest is well potty trained) and a pair of socks for each kiddo. There have been so many times we've packed a diaper bag and forgot it or needed socks for a play area and didn't have them it works out great!

Kabuki24 10-09-2012 09:01 PM

I always have a few randoms in my car... some in the trunk. If I'm missing a diaper I just always assume its some where in there!

Jedimomma 10-09-2012 09:11 PM

I never even thought about keeping spares in the car! Thats a great idea. LOL I love the spare diaper bag with changes for all the kids idea! There have been many times that would have been useful (not just for diapers, but clothes for the older kids too). I think I'm going to do that! Lol I'd say just keep the trusty least favorite dipes for the car backup stash, and maybe rotate them out periodically to keep the elastic intact.

fluffycheeks 10-09-2012 09:15 PM

I have an old Kawaii in the car. I don't care for Kawaii, but they get the job done, and I don't miss it when it's not in my stash. I also have a gallon sized ziploc, some cloth wipes and a bottle of water.

lilannies mama 10-09-2012 09:28 PM

I keep spares in my car right now just disposables but got some cloth on the way for the car also. I always have the baby a coat, blanket, extra clothes, toys but the extra diaper bad is a good idea I may need to do if I'm ever in a hurry & leave diaper bag ill still have what I need.

RockinLou 10-09-2012 09:33 PM

I have an old AIO in the car, it was a GroVia tester, so it is 2 1/2 years old, worn to shreds and boring vanilla in color, I keep it in the back with a small water bottle and an old dish towel. I chose that for the car because it is OS and I never have to worry about it, and because it has basically no resale value (trust me!! it's been LOVED)

Jen's_4 10-09-2012 10:14 PM

I keep about half a dozen flats and 2 econobums in the car. I got the econobums for free and I don't really need them, and I have an excessive amount of flats, so it's not like I'm missing those few. I like this particular system because if I get snowed in or waterever they are easy to wash and super quick to dry so I could diaper for a LONG time with only these few dipes.

AZmommy 10-09-2012 11:04 PM

I do sposies with only 18 diapers I can't spare any for the cars. Each of our cars glove compartments holds about 5 sposies (now) a travel pack of wipes and soem old groccery bags.