Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pretty sure this qualifies as a miracle (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452227)

Kabuki24 10-09-2012 09:06 PM

Pretty sure this qualifies as a miracle

My son from about 6 months to 18 months was so horrible to change. I'd have to chase him down, turn Baby Einstein on, give him a bottle, etc just to keep my crazy gorilla still for 2 seconds to change his diaper. Snaps, prefolds or anything that too longer than about 15 seconds to put on was out of the question. Something happened out of the blue. He now lays still for all diaper changes... he's totally patient. We're going on two weeks now of peaceful diaper changes. I'm all about snap diapers now! I might even get brave and try pinning a prefold or flat on him!

Just thought I'd share, now I'm on the hunt for a bunch of Peachy Greens I sold a while back!!!

armywife21 10-09-2012 09:15 PM

Re: Pretty sure this qualifies as a miracle

You suck! :P Just kidding!! I miss the days where my son would sit still for diaper changes. Now we play the lets chase me for an hour game. :(

Hi-Dog 10-09-2012 09:17 PM

Awesome!

I have a feeling I am soon heading into the realm of baby who won't sit still. She kicks and flips and puts her feet in her mouth when it is time to be changed. I guess it's good to know that she MIGHT calm down some day!

RockinLou 10-09-2012 10:25 PM

yay!! they all mellow eventually, but that Houdini stage is ROUGH, especially if you are the only one who ever changes the diapers!!!

ServingHim 10-09-2012 10:32 PM

My kids have alway been pretty calm for diaper changes but my 3 month old daughter is a whole other story. She kicks and twists her hips and lifts her butt. It's already hard to put a diaper on her....I'm not looking forward to when she can turn over and crawl.

supermansmomma 10-09-2012 10:45 PM

Haha! Yes, I think I'm about at end of the tunnel. DS#2 is either flipping over so badly that I have to use my leg to keep him pinned ( I know it sounds bad but it makes him giggle). Or he's helping me by putting his legs straight up trying to wipe himself. He's 17 months. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

traderbren 10-10-2012 07:04 AM

My daughter is a world class roller when it comes to diaper changes- I nicknamed her Emmygator after watching too many episodes of Swamp People and seeing those alligators roll when they get caught... But she sits perfectly still when I am changing her into flats with pins... I only stuck her once and she must remember it!

foggierbard9 10-10-2012 07:13 AM

We have entered the realm of "Alligator Death Roll" with our 4 month old...both of the older 2 cooperated through diaper changes, and now we have to wrestle the "gator" to diaper this one.

Kabuki24 10-10-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermansmomma (Post 15791997)
Haha! Yes, I think I'm about at end of the tunnel. DS#2 is either flipping over so badly that I have to use my leg to keep him pinned ( I know it sounds bad but it makes him giggle). Or he's helping me by putting his legs straight up trying to wipe himself. He's 17 months. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

No, doesn't sound bad at all. I never mastered the leg pinning, but it probably would have made life easier. I would literally be almost sweaty after diaper changes with my crazy boy.

Kabuki24 10-10-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traderbren (Post 15792604)
My daughter is a world class roller when it comes to diaper changes- I nicknamed her Emmygator after watching too many episodes of Swamp People and seeing those alligators roll when they get caught... But she sits perfectly still when I am changing her into flats with pins... I only stuck her once and she must remember it!

HA!