Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Selfish with your baby (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452255)

aemarques 10-09-2012 10:47 PM

Selfish with your baby

My first baby is 7 weeks old and I just absolutely hate when other people hold her. It makes me panic and cringe. I hate it. I want her with me all of the time and I guess just don't feel comfortable with other people taking care of her. Anyone else like this?
Our niece is holding her currently and I am just counting down the moments until she is back to me. Unfortunately she doesn't like to give her back :(

ChocoMeijin 10-09-2012 11:17 PM

Sounds normal to me. She's still so new and little, i remember that feeling. Especially when they cry and someone tries to soothe them, you just want to grab your baby right back lol! I think i did too haha

nursenmom 10-09-2012 11:18 PM

Re: Selfish with your baby

Totally normal, especially with the first one. I'm very protective of my little ones the first couple months

EmilytheStrange 10-09-2012 11:21 PM

Uh yeah... I didn't want visitors - I wanted people to go away and stop trying to hog my baby :)

aemarques 10-09-2012 11:24 PM

Haha exactly! Thank you :) now I don't feel so crazy!! Everyone is always so quick to shove a paci in her mouth but I'm pretty sure she's not crying because she wants her pacifier... Today I put our two pacifiers away so people can't just grab them up and automatically give them to her. I really bought them for car use only when I can't tend to her.

waterisntsomething 10-09-2012 11:35 PM

Super normal. I had barely any visitors for the firs like 3 months and I liked it that way. Ds is 8 months now and 20 lbs...I hand him off to anyone who will take him :giggle: Hold him ALL THE TIME while he's still so tiny and light and not squirmy.

somo_chickenlady 10-10-2012 01:23 AM

I wasn't like that with DS, but if we ever have another baby I definitely would be. We've had to wait 12 years so far, so I'm going to be a total hog with my baby and I don't care what anyone else thinks. ;)

harmoni247 10-10-2012 01:34 AM

If you wear her, people cant hold her ;) That was my trick so I didnt come off as rude. And I definitely dont think its rude to not let others soothe her....just say "sounds like shes hungry" and take her :goodvibes:

sisu 10-10-2012 01:39 AM

Lock all those people out of your house and snuggle that baby! :) And I second wearing her!

isabelsmummy 10-10-2012 01:45 AM

I'm sure it's really common but tbh I wasn't that way at all. dd1 wanted to be held all the time and I was relieved if someone else would take her so I could eat or pee without a baby attached to me.