Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Grrr...I hate eBay sometimes! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452265)

momof4kidz 10-09-2012 10:42 PM

Grrr...I hate eBay sometimes!

So I buy an American Girl doll on EBay. I end up getting her at auction for 56.00. Almost immediately after, the seller refunds and says her daughter drew on the doll with a pen. Also that she had done it 12 hours before and she couldn't figure out how to end the auction :banghead: I'm really starting to believe she's lying and wanted more for the doll. I mean she could have called or emailed eBay. And had she asked, I could have gotten the pen off. Now i also have to wait 3-4 days for the bank to send the funds to paypal, and another 3 or so to have paypal send the money back! If she wanted more, she could have set a reserve! Ugh! Should I leave negative feedback or just leave it alone?

~happy2Bamommy~ 10-09-2012 10:58 PM

Re: Grrr...I hate eBay sometimes!

I'd email her and tell her you may be able to get the pen off.
Ask for a picture of the damage.

Mommyof4forme! 10-10-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~
I'd email her and tell her you may be able to get the pen off.
Ask for a picture of the damage.

I totally agree! I'd ask for pictures so you can decide if you still want the doll.

lovewool 10-10-2012 10:59 AM

I agree with the others on asking for a picture, if she won't send you one then you're probably right and I think it would be OK to leave a neg in that case, because she should have set a reserve price.

I am seriously hating ebay too. I'd say out of the past 10 items I bought only 3 I would consider as described. I just bought a wool onesie and could see stains in the picture even though her description said "brand new, never worn condition" So I messaged the lady and asked her if she was sure the shirt was in new condition and noted I saw stains and described where they were, and also mentioned the tag looked kinda worn for a new item. She assured me that the item had never been worn because it was "too hot" to wear. She said the stains I described were natural wool discoloration and that she had bought the item new at a retail site. I figured the stains could be from a dirty camera lens so I bid. Item came and there were the stains, grease stains. The tag was not only worn and faded but frayed and very crumpled. No wonder she wad her finger on the tag in the pic... and there were pills on the bum and on the inside. As well as a couple more stains I couldn't see in her picture. I was totally ticked because I asked her up front about this stuff and she lied. I gave her a negative. I would have bid on it and used it in that condition, but wouldn't have been willing to pay as much as I did. She was totally rude about it when I messaged her after receiving. So rude I left my first ebay negative fb ever after having been a member for 11 years. I am so much happier buying on this site!!!

evasimone 10-10-2012 12:04 PM

I've caught stains right before mailing when I sell on ebay (I check stuff when I list it and then give it a last look before mailing) but I've always shown the buyer a picture and offered a discounted price and then let them decide. Occasionally stuff happens and stains are missed. I'd rather not ship and be upfront than lie and have an upset buyer.

I do find it odd that she didn't still offer you the doll discounted.

momof4kidz 10-10-2012 02:51 PM

That's what I find odd. If it really was damaged, why didn't she ask if I still wanted it before canceling? And why didn't she call eBay and cancel the auction? Just seems really fishy to me.

5PrincessMommy 10-11-2012 08:18 AM

I'd tell her it's a binding contract and you still eant the doll

abunchoflemons 10-11-2012 08:44 AM

What condition did it say it was in? If new obviouspen would make not new but yes magic eraser takes lots off sharpie off wood. Whip it too.....

A21Lee 10-12-2012 02:20 AM

Doesn't she have to cancel the transaction through ebay and don't you have to agree to that? If you don't agree to cancel, she doesn't get her fees reimbursed. She's at a loss for NOT selling to you. You could always keep your eye on her to see if she relists, but I'm with everyone else about asking for the pictures.

A21Lee 10-12-2012 02:21 AM

An alcohol wipe works wonders on pen marks.