Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   weight gain....who else is nervous besides me?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452274)

bluecandi 10-09-2012 11:07 PM

weight gain....who else is nervous besides me??

Ok I'll say it....Ive got an extra 40# hanging around (but I just lost 20....SOB!!!)
I know I shouldnt gain more than 15# or whatever but it is SO hard!!!

With #1 I had pre e and packed on 60.......only lost like 15 before I got preggers with 2. With her I only gained like 30 I think. Then my thyroid died. :/ And Im one of those super people who dont lose weight while bfing.
So I need some tips on what yall have done to not gain too much. Im starting my prenatal yoga tomorrow and going to get some walks in with the girls and dog while the weather is still nice. Wheee!!

MyM&W 10-10-2012 04:22 AM

Yep I'm nervous. I gained 51 with DD and 35 with ds. It took me 2yrs after DD was born but I lost all 50 plus 15. Then I got pregnant with our MC baby and gained a couple lbs, then got preg with ds and thankfully only gained 35 with him. I lost of of that weight but still had a couple lbs to lose, but wasn't concerned because I got really toned. I'm already retaining water and I'm bloated (at least I hope that's what it is) Hahaha. My goal is no more then 35. Why is yours set to 15? That seems really low. My last was a 9.5lb baby haha so 15 isn't an option for me :giggle:

ElsieCayare 10-10-2012 07:42 AM

I had just gotten down to my "target " weight before i got pregnant with DS. I gained 50+. I got within 8 pounds of my target again and now I'm pregnant again. So far I'm up about 5 pounds.
I just puked up bile.
So I'm eating oreos.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DS Forum

tricia17lee 10-10-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElsieCayare
I had just gotten down to my "target " weight before i got pregnant with DS. I gained 50+. I got within 8 pounds of my target again and now I'm pregnant again. So far I'm up about 5 pounds.
I just puked up bile.
So I'm eating oreos.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DS Forum

Lol at the Oreos.

I am anxious about the weight gain. I gained 40lbs with DD- starting at my heaviest weight ever which was 20-30 lbs overweight.
After birth I immediately dropped 27 lbs- holy water weight.
I've worked 2.5 years to lose that extra plus 20lbs to get to my first goal weight. I'm already up several pounds, bloated, and can't comfortably fit in my pants.

Ideally I'd only gain 25lbs this time.

I've been breast feeding 2.5 years and the weight did not magically melt off for me either. I did P90X2 and other exercise.

MyM&W 10-10-2012 10:53 AM

Re: weight gain....who else is nervous besides me??

I'm so bloated, it stinks. Love it but hate it. Lemon juice in water helps with bloating. I also prefer to be in sweats or lounge pants, which is a first for me..I never had this feeling before hahah!
I didn't lose much with breastfeeding either. Exercise is key for me, and watching what I eat. I'm still on a 1360 cal diet until 3 months.

Fishie Kisses 10-10-2012 11:03 AM

Terrified. I gained 50lbs with each kid, and I weigh about 10lbs more now than I did with DS2 & 3. :(

JCPACandMommy 10-10-2012 05:49 PM

I am SOOOOOOOO Nervous! I gained 85# with DS and have lost 50# of it but was stuck where I am now for the last year.... I really don't want to gain any!! I keep stepping on the scale daily to see if its going up!

abunchoflemons 10-10-2012 05:54 PM

I gained like 30 to 40 with first but second 25. With first I was 115 & number 2 I started at like 130. I barely was under 140 b4 3rd & I'm 5 ft 1 or so.....

MamaLump 10-11-2012 12:49 PM

I'm super nervous. I gained 40# with DS, and I was already 20# over my target weight then. I only lost #20 of it, so I'm at 40# over my target weight going into this pregnancy. Ugh. I had just started to really exercise and make a difference. I'm currently riding my bike the 7.5 miles to and from work, for a total of 15 miles a day. I'm going to try and keep that up as long as my OB and I both think it is safe to do so. I mostly ride on a trail, with only about .8 miles on the road, plus where the trail crosses roads. I'm hoping to make it until early December with riding. Then get a personal trainer in January, and start swimming in March. I want to wait until I'm OBVIOUSLY pregnant to put on a bathing suit in public!

mamajoe 10-14-2012 10:09 PM

I to am terrified. I gained over 60 with DD (stopped weighing at month 8) i've lost most of it (the last 20 lbs just in the last few months :( she's 3) and am only 5 lbs heavier than when i got prego with her, BUT i'm still a good 30 lbs overweight and 25 from my "goal" when i started trying to lose a few months ago. :( i'd like to gain no more than 20-25 which is reasonable for my current weight, but i'm terrified i won't be able to control myself (i eat crap when i'm prego). I'm trying hard to be consious of what i'm eating and while i'm not dieting, i'm trying to make good choices.