Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sunbaby os diapers/alva diapers/ awesome blossom (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452285)

avismomma816 10-10-2012 12:34 AM

Sunbaby os diapers/alva diapers/ awesome blossom

Can anyone tell me about any of these diapers? Pros and cons? I just want to be able to have extras for grandparents and leave them at their houses... On sun baby's website it says size 1 or size 2... Are they still os diapers? Help!! Also how reliable is the delivery? China makes me nervous... Same with alva baby.. China makes me nervous. What's the delivery time? Are they reliable and Effie client? What about their diapers? What styles are good? Help!!! And is awssowesome blossom must slabs with their own name? Please help me with any advice that you have to offer please

avismomma816 10-10-2012 01:29 AM

Help me please!!!

avismomma816 10-10-2012 07:35 AM

Bump.

L J 10-10-2012 08:11 AM

I have been a diaper snob for years, but a few weeks ago when what I had wasn't working and the fact that we are beyond broke I bought an Alva off eBay for $6.09ppd.

It arrived in 10 days.

It smelled chemically upon arrival, but the smell went away after the first wash.

The inner is a cheap feeling suede cloth. I don't like suede cloth, but it doesn't seem to bother dd.

The outer is a soft PUL, it really doesn't feel much different from Blueberry, Bum Genius or Happy Heiny.

I stuffed it with a Thirsties hemp duo size 2 prefold and it is easily a 3 hour diaper.

No wing droop, no red marks on dd.

I'm impressed so far. I feel guilty for buying a China cheapie instead of supporting a US based business, but at the moment my own personal bottom line takes precedence.

You aren't supposed to wash on hot, but I do. No issues with delamination yet. I do hang dry. There are lots of other Alva users that say they wash on hot with no issues. I figure for $6 I will take the risk.

crumpetmlp 10-10-2012 08:22 AM

Both sunbabies sizes are one size, the size 1 is just the older and smaller sizing (for smaller/petite kiddos like mine). They use a fleece inner which I dislike myself, but many do like. The fit is pretty good on both sizes- for my child the size 1 will likely last through pt, but if your little one is average or a chunky monkey- size 2 is abetted bet. They are pockets so you can adjust the type of insert for best absorbency. I do feel they are pretty easy to use and are efficient and reliable. I've not ordered from the website, I've only bought them used or through a coop.

Alva are my favorite cheapies. I LOVE them (although I still love my American made diapers). From what I understand they are the largest factory and manufacturer, and go through more stringent inspections. They are very reliable, fit well, are one size, come in a gazillion colors and patterns, and also offer a double gusset series (these are awesome). All are pockets- most are suede cloth, but there a few that have fleece inners. You can order Alva on the website, through eBay, or through a coop. I've only done coops, but I have heard the turnaround time is similar for the other two options (can be literally within a week, or up to a couple of weeks. Coops can take longer because they are being sent to a host, sorted. Then shipped to you- but they can offer a low low price). Many companies are Alva with another label slapped on them- so if it looks like an alva, it probably is.

Hth a little :)

avismomma816 10-10-2012 10:22 AM

So with ALVA... There are different series; what the best? I want the best for My dd bc she is petite. What is coop? Can I purchase from the website itself?

avismomma816 10-10-2012 10:24 AM

Are alva wet bags good? Is it free ship on alvababy.com?

BunnysMama 10-10-2012 05:03 PM

Re: Sunbaby os diapers/alva diapers/ awesome blossom

I have done a coop to buy Alvas. It's basically a group buy so there is some savings but it usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to get them. I have also purchased from good_seller003 on ebay, who is their official ebay seller (a woman named May who types English well). I ordered 20 diapers for a friend for a shower gift and had them within a week, it was very fast. And still pretty cheap.

I think they are a great economy workhorse diaper. They go from 7 to 35 pounds and have really cute prints. You can stuff them with anything - I have some bamboo blend inserts that are more absorbant than regular microfiber. And I have been told that the diaper industry in China is pretty well regulated so I don't have any more qualms about buying Alvas then I do shopping at Walmart. If you have other questions feel free to ask. :) I have not bought any sunbabys yet but people I coop with seem to love them.

Awesome Blossom is just someone who orders from Alva and asks Alva to put their own tag on, which Alva will do (I have "Fluffy Bums" that are also Alvas). So plesae don't spend the extra money for Awesome Blossom, it is the exact same product.

Alva wet bags are also great. Hope this helps!!!!

BunnysMama 10-10-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avismomma816 (Post 15793507)
So with ALVA... There are different series; what the best? I want the best for My dd bc she is petite. What is coop? Can I purchase from the website itself?

The different series are just the different releases. Some are double gusset, some are not, some are minky (soft outer), some are not, some have fleece, but most have suede cloth. They are all comparable and I would not say one is better than the other, it's mostly just the print release.

A coop is a group buy, usually on facebook. You order through a host who places a large bulk order so you get a discount. But, yes, it does take a little longer. If you search "coop" on FB and then select "groups" a couple of the more popular ones will pop up. You need a referral to get into some of them.

catrinagreene 10-10-2012 05:18 PM

the solid series are the cheapest, we have quite a few of them they are sooooo soft on the outside, we also have some that are exactly like the kawaii heavy wetters same pul fabric....