Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Great Lakes (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Madison, WI Area Play/Swap Group (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452286)

Nightowl Jan 10-10-2012 01:13 AM

Madison, WI Area Play/Swap Group

Hi mamas (and dads, if any) in the Madison area! I have received interest in a swap & play date group.
I think it is important for our children to get out and meet new friends. It's good for us moms too. We share a love for cloth diapers and natural parenting so let's bring our stuff and trade, buy and sell. It'll be fun!
My idea is that we agree on a date/time and place and what items to bring for selling or trading. So if you want to come, leave a comment and any ideas or questions or comments. I would like an idea of how many ppl might come. Adults and children. Thanks!!!

Nightowl Jan 10-10-2012 09:53 AM

Re: Madison, WI Area Play/Swap Group

bump

chickabiddy 10-10-2012 10:31 AM

Thanks for starting this Jan.
I'm interested! I don't have any great ideas though.

stlittleton 10-10-2012 11:28 AM

I'm usually always free. So any date/time works. I'm super excited about this!

DecsMama 10-10-2012 11:49 AM

I am interested in a play group. DS is 19 mo old. Not sure if I have anything to trade/sell. Depends on what items are decided on.

Nightowl Jan 10-10-2012 11:59 AM

Great! This can be a group for both swapping and just hanging out! I have free rec room at my mom's apartment building. It has a bathroom and a full kitchen. Couches and tables with chairs. So we could do snacks. It is on the West side near the Miniature Gulf, Michaels Frozen Custard, and Woodmans. Is that location ok for everybody? I'll need to check the available dates. Is a Saturday best?

onegratefulmama 10-10-2012 03:57 PM

I'd be interested in meeting. My dd turns 2 soon and I have 2 older kiddos. I'm very stash content but have lots of NB, small & medium dipes and covers I'm trying to get ready to list on fsot. There really is not anyhing I need to trade or swap for diaper wise but you never know! That part of town sounds like a good location and Saturdays would probably work. I'm subscribed to this thread to keep track of updates. Thanks for getting this rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Nightowl Jan 10-10-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegratefulmama
I'd be interested in meeting. My dd turns 2 soon and I have 2 older kiddos. I'm very stash content but have lots of NB, small & medium dipes and covers I'm trying to get ready to list on fsot. There really is not anyhing I need to trade or swap for diaper wise but you never know! That part of town sounds like a good location and Saturdays would probably work. I'm subscribed to this thread to keep track of updates. Thanks for getting this rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

If you only have stuff to sell but don't want to buy that's fine! Just get it marked with a tag or sticker with your asking price and name. :)

Nightowl Jan 10-10-2012 05:17 PM

These are the things I was thinking we could have for the swap: diapers, covers, wool, fleece, maternity clothes, diaper bags, and natural toys like wooden and fabric things that are in good condition.

onegratefulmama 10-10-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightowl Jan (Post 15795414)
These are the things I was thinking we could have for the swap: diapers, covers, wool, fleece, maternity clothes, diaper bags, and natural toys like wooden and fabric things that are in good condition.

sounds great! wonder if there are certain diapers/covers/wool etc that mamas (and dads) would like to try to see in person before buying or trading/swapping - for example - I don't know what interlock looks/feels like in comparison to knit items or sbish knit that I have - I know we are spoiled with Nicki's, Happy Bambino & Satara to check out most diapers/covers but maybe there are some things people could bring to share and discuss not specifically to sell I guess kind of like "show and tell" with diapering items :giggle2: anyone interested in something like that or should we focus on your list Jan?