Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Vitamins make me sick (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452299)

MyM&W 10-10-2012 06:47 AM

Vitamins make me sick

Not sure if anyone knows about melaleuca or not, but I was taking the vitamins for about 1.5yrs and then all of a sudden they started to make me sick. I stopped taking them and now that I'm pregnant I switched to the prenatal version and they make me sick also. I just feel like there is WAY to much stuff in the vitamins % wise.
I talked with the lady that enrolled me and she said they are designed so that you can never get to much (every time I take them I pee bright yellow for awhile) which means that I'm flushing $ down the toilet. This is what is in it..

For 2 tablets,

Vit A (as beta-carotene) 3000IU 35%
Vit C (as ascorbic acid 150 mg 250%
Vit D (as cholecalciferol) 200IU 50%
Vit E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 30IU 100%
Thiamin (as thiamin HCI) 8.5mg 500%
Riboflavin 10mg 500%
Niacin 75% 375%
Vit B6 10mg 400%
Folate 1000mg 125%
Vit B12 16mcg 200%
Biotin 300mg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 20mg 200%
Calcium 300mg 23%
Iron 9mg 50%
Iodine 150mcg 100%
Magnesium 150mcg 50%
Zinc 15mg 100%
Selenium 105mcg +
Copper 3mg 150%
Manganese 2.5mg +
Chromium 120mcg +
Molybdenum 75mcg +
Boron 150mcg +

+=daily value not established

other ingredients: Microcrtstalline cellulose, croscamellose sodium, magnesium stearate, hydroxypropyl methlcellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol, stearic acid, vanillin

thats it. I take it with a full stomach and I'm sooooo queasy and get hot flashes. They did change something in the formula when I started getting sick when I take them. I called in and that is when I canceled my membership because I was only a member for the vitamins. I noticed something changed because the vitamin was a different color. The lady said it wasn't a huge change it it shouldn't have affected me, but it sure did. I can't even think about taking them now without gagging. :( which is sad because they are really good vitamins. But does anyone think that they have a little TO much of some things?

I went to riteaid and got a prenatal gummy vitamin and I haven't gotten sick with them. I def. need to get one that has more iron and stuff though...so what do you ladies think??:headscratch:

I'm eating my breakfast now, and then I'm going to try them yet again and see what happens...

HeatherlovesCDs 10-10-2012 07:18 AM

Re: Vitamins make me sick

I have a very hard time taking any pills while I'm pregnant. I tend to take the kids vitamins with them or.......nothing at all. :hide: I don't like to admit that, but I've never had an issue with 5 kids and 2 sets of twins either.

If yours is making you sick, I'd change it.

qsefthuko 10-10-2012 07:56 AM

Any vitamin I had to swallow during pregnancy caused me to vomit. Even in the third trimester. Your urine is likely yellow because I believe B vitamins do that. At least they do to me.

delicatefade 10-10-2012 10:16 AM

I rarely take vitamins while pregnant. I try to eat healthy, and if I notice something is off, I try to supplement accordingly. Usually the only thing that is an issue is iron, which I get from Floradix if I need it.

melyndie 10-10-2012 10:33 AM

Try Buried Treasure Prenatal with DHA. It's sold on Amazon. Quality ingredients, and it's in liquid form! I can't swallow pills when pregnant (makes me gag, and if I get them down, they make me feel sick), but I can take this liquid no problem.

HeatherlovesCDs 10-10-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delicatefade (Post 15793478)
I rarely take vitamins while pregnant. I try to eat healthy, and if I notice something is off, I try to supplement accordingly. Usually the only thing that is an issue is iron, which I get from Floradix if I need it.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in my rebellion. :giggle:

lovewool 10-10-2012 11:08 AM

My partner keeps harping on me because I'm not taking my vitamins often. They make me need to pee 2x as much at night and I almost always remember I need to take them right before bed. I think they're most important during first trimester to help prevent neural tube defects.

I like these ones. Rrainbow Light Prenatal One. They derive the vitamins from plants so they are easier on me than the other brands for some reason. They're called "vegan guard" but I'm no where near vegan. They don't make me feel sick like others I've tried. They def make my pee fluorescent yellow though from the b vitamins.

http://www.rainbowlight.com/multivit...tivitamin.aspx

EmilytheStrange 10-10-2012 11:16 AM

this is almost universally common with pregnant women.

I take mine before bed. That way, I'm laying down and if I get nauseated, I usually can keep them down anyways. Anytime during the day and I'd lose them or they'd just make me flat out miserable.

With DD, they made me super sick, so I broke them in half for awhile, I would have half with dinner and half at bedtime or something.

leyash 10-10-2012 12:59 PM

I take mine before bed as well. I also take gummy vitamins. Doctor said that they absorb faster (because you chew them), so if I do throw up 10 minutes later, I absorb more than I would if I took a horse pill.