Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fake BGE? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452305)

Two-under-two 10-10-2012 07:04 AM

Fake BGE?

I just bought 2 BGE off eBay last week. I'm fairly new to CDing, so didnt even think if "fakes" should be a concern. I got my package yesterday, and there are a couple major differences in comparison to my authentic BGE. I don't have pictures to post, but the first difference is the color of the inner fabric. The two off eBay have tan inner fabric, compared to the off-white of my others. Also, the two off eBay are missing the cotton babies tag that is behind the bumgenius tag. Does anyone know if there are fakes? Is there a different "older" style of BGE's? the only ones I've ever seen before now, have the light cream/off white color inner fabric.

southernbelle04 10-10-2012 07:08 AM

The color of the cotton varies. I have some that are lighter than others. The tag with the barcode has only been put on them in the last couple of years or so. Those two things alone wouldn't concern me.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Kabuki24 10-10-2012 07:09 AM

Re: Fake BGE?

Did the inner look like maybe they were just dingy, like maybe someone had really hard water or well water with lots of minerals? Could the tag have been cut off? Could you take a cell phone picture?

Two-under-two 10-10-2012 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heres a picture of one of each. eBay BGE is in moonbeam (bottom) and my authentic BGE in blossom (top).

Attachment 121479

I should also add, the ones off eBay were described as NWOT.

kalibratx4 10-10-2012 07:31 AM

I think the older organics were darker in color then the elementals....

Kabuki24 10-10-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-under-two (Post 15792792)
Heres a picture of one of each. eBay BGE is in moonbeam (bottom) and my authentic BGE in blossom (top).

Attachment 121479

I should also add, the ones off eBay were described as NWOT.

The moonbean one just looks like it was washed with something that bled. I once washed all my diapers with a blue rug (yeah, I'm know, I'm dumb) and the insides of my diapers turned blue.

I think it looks real.

I'd just wash with some bleach and use it. Looks to be in good shape. Did they disclose the discoloration or show pictures? If they didn't I'd email the seller.

croth7 10-10-2012 07:33 AM

Are they both made in USA or Egypt?

Two-under-two 10-10-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabuki24

The moonbean one just looks like it was washed with something that bled. I once washed all my diapers with a blue rug (yeah, I'm know, I'm dumb) and the insides of my diapers turned blue.

I think it looks real.

I'd just wash with some bleach and use it. Looks to be in good shape. Did they disclose the discoloration or show pictures? If they didn't I'd email the seller.

They did not disclose the color because they were described as "NWOT". In the pictures, they looked off white.

Tclem75 10-10-2012 07:38 AM

I woul contact them, see what they have to say maybe?

Kabuki24 10-10-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-under-two (Post 15792823)
They did not disclose the color because they were described as "NWOT". In the pictures, they looked off white.

Yeah, that's just weird. I guess you could send the picture into Cottonbabies and see if they ever had a batch like this.