Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Movie recommendations - 4 year old (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452341)

danielle 10-10-2012 09:11 AM

Movie recommendations - 4 year old

My daughter is 4 and I have piles of laundry to fold today. All I've got is Netflix. We've never watched a movie together. Any recommendations for a gentle, fun movie for us to watch today?

Thanks!

shannychi 10-10-2012 09:13 AM

Re: Movie recommendations - 4 year old

I like Kipper. One episode Pig says dumb bird, but I think they are quiet, relaxing shows. All my kids like Kipper. It makes me want to sleep. My kids don't watch tv much and only some movies. Just my opinion though. :)

danielle 10-10-2012 10:05 AM

We love Kipper! I was hoping for a movie though.

bigmamakelsey 10-10-2012 10:11 AM

Tangled is really cute:)

jbug_4 10-10-2012 10:22 AM

What do you mean by gentle, how gentle? There are Winnie the Pooh movies on netflix. Most Disney movies have some sort of drama in them so those would kind of depend on gentle your looking for. Cinderella is pretty tame (other than being treated like a slave, but its not really bad). Toy Story has a kid that really destroys his toys, gets a little scary when Andy's toys get stuck in his house. Thats the only scary part- its not that scary either, but not sure what your looking for.
Maybe It Takes Two. Its not a cartoon and other than one of the girls (the Olsen twins when they were still young) being in foster care its pretty rosy and quite cute. Its one of my favorites.

RainandRedemption 10-10-2012 10:23 AM

Stuart little? I saw the old rainbow brite on there, as well as the old care bears movie

Rhianna'sMommy 10-10-2012 10:51 AM

We don't have netflix so I have no idea what is available on there.

Some of dd2s favorite movies are:
Tangled
LaLaLoopsy
Strawberry Shortcake
Barbie - Princess and the Pauper is a fav. But they all are pretty decent.
Pete's Dragon

happysmileylady 10-10-2012 11:32 AM

Care Bears is great. My almost 4 yr old LOVES the Care Bears movie.

Also, there are a few Dreamworks Shorts sets, things like How to Train Your Dragon or Puss in Boots, but they are the short stories, the extras like Halloween stories etc. They aren't quite movie length, but they are great if you are dealing with a shorter attention span.

For us, we are having a Dinosaur Train marathon lol

danielle 10-10-2012 11:48 AM

All aboard! I'll dig around for Stuart Little. My daughter likes Redwall, but it's too scary for her. But she likes it too. She's torn. Stuart Little sounds more gentle mouse-wise, I hope.

shannychi 10-10-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danner (Post 15793424)
We love Kipper! I was hoping for a movie though.

Sorry -my kids refer to anything as a movie! :) Glad to hear you like Kipper though.

:thumbsup:

Let us know what you come up with?