Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Opened my first PP claim :/ (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452386)

MommyLyssa 10-10-2012 11:19 AM

Opened my first PP claim :/

It was TORTURE to have to do it for me. I tried to mail the lady back and forth and be as understanding and kind as possible....but I did it.

I ordered some re-useable bags on August 31st. When they did not arrive 1.5 weeks later, just emailed her to make sure all was fine. She said yes and that she would look into it! I said thanks...and waited until Sept 24th until mailing again. When I did, she responded within a few hours...apparently they were never shipped and she would get them out to me asap. Oct. 2nd rolls around, and they still were not here (and I assumed maybe she would use good shipping since it had been a month, added extra bags (the few times I messed up on an order, I always added free stuff, to apologize...and to keep a good customer relations)...so I mailed her and she said (within a few hours again of mailing her) that she just got an email from another customer and she shipped them to the wrong address (printed out the wrong label again). I said thanks for letting me know, but tried to kindly say that if they were not here within a week regardless, I would have to open a PP claim, because my 45 days were coming up soon.

Well, they still weren't here yesterday, so I opened one. And I hate it, because she seems sweet, and I know those things can happen to anyone...but it has now been 1.5 months since I ordered :(

s@hmommy 10-10-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Opened my first PP claim :/

You did nothing wrong. You covered yourself, she can still fix it but this way if she doesn't you can still get your money back.

MamaJules 10-10-2012 11:31 AM

You should definitely not feel guilty. I'm sure she is as sweet as can be, but in this case she is not being a good businesswoman. If she has had a month and a half, and given you multiple assurances that she was sending, and has not followed through, then it is her fault, not yours. If she does send them, then you can close the claim, no harm done. But if you don't open the claim and she continues to flake, then you are out of luck. If she is going to be selling products, then she needs to hold up her end of the bargain.

MommyLyssa 10-10-2012 02:59 PM

I know. Which is why I did it. But, I hate confrontation, and I hate doing anything that might hurt someone's feelings. It stresses me out to no end. My husband was actually shocked I opened a claim AND mailed her about it. Glad, but shocked.

Hoping the get here soon :)

Chasing Zen 10-10-2012 04:36 PM

:hugs:

sandhillcranes 10-10-2012 08:08 PM

"she would look into it" lol. U are nicer than me. It sounds like she mightve been trying to hold u off till the 45 day mark. U did the right thing. And hey, if they show up, u can always msg her and let her know. It doesnt take a month to ship an item.

U did good. I know that it feels shiddy...but u did the right thing!

keen1981 10-10-2012 08:22 PM

Listen, she is charging for an item. You paid for it. That foran't mean she gets to hang on to your money until she gets time to make yr items. I think she's been lying. And you were right to file.

Mommabeebritt 10-10-2012 08:24 PM

I had to file a claim on Half.com for one of my textbooks.. so irritating. I needed the book for my class and had to end up buying it for more on campus... because she never sent it! But luckily half.com is sending me a refund for my order.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I know how bad it is!!

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 10-10-2012 09:08 PM

You did the right thing. Even if she DID ship it to the wrong address the first time, it should have only taken her a day to get you a new set out. They are quick to make. I find it hard to swallow that she shipped to the wrong addy twice.

MommyLyssa 10-10-2012 09:30 PM

Well, it's hard. She has 547 positive feedback on etsy. 100%, so I mean, I am sure it was just oversight, but it sure would be nice that she at least acknowledge it. So it is hard for me to assume the worst when that many other customers are happy.

And she has had many sales and positive feedback since! People who ordered a month after me are happily using their bags :/

ETA- just looked through her reviews...has 12 neutrals (so not a ton) and 1 negative and all of those were complaining about ridiculous wiat times and little contact.