Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   tell me this toddler phase will pass?!?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452391)

divabeadz 10-10-2012 11:24 AM

:banghead: My 3 yr old has decided she won't wear wool because it "hurts" - we tried on 3 different pairs of longies today (BBR, cestari, and sbish machine knit) before she finally ended up in a pair of fleece pants. She also insists her sweaters hurt as well so she fussed over the shrug I'd put on her as well. In addition to her 5 prs of longies, knit dresses/skirts, and 4 sweaters she already has, she also has 3 more hand-knits ITW coming in the next couple of months. I will be devastated if she won't wear her knits anymore :cry: Please tell me it's just a phase. I did check her skin to see if the wool is irritating it at all and it doesn't appear to be and it never did in the past. ETA: correction, we tried on 4 pairs today!

boysniris 10-10-2012 12:07 PM

Re: tell me this toddler phase will pass?!?!

My son did this w/the two wool wrap-style covers I have, he was about 2 1/2. He announced "NO WOOLS" and kicked me/the covers. I never had wool longies, but I know he loves his fleece longies because he pets them and tells me they are soft. He's older now, 39 months, and will let me put his wool covers on but I pretty much don't use them b/c we have enough fleece. I think the phase will pass, just keep trying the wool every so often :)

lavender dragonfly 10-10-2012 12:58 PM

:bighug:

I am praying its a phase... Asher is doing the same thing. He pulls up on his pant legs when we walks, and says 'no' when I am putting them on. Mommy says, "yes"--- it better just be a phase :cry:

divabeadz 10-10-2012 08:02 PM

So I'm not alone! I'm going to try again tomorrow to see if she caves. I'm hoping it's just because she hasn't worn wool all summer. She's been in flowy dresses all summer for PT'ing, much easier than pulling down pants to make it to the potty quickly...lol! Wish me luck getting her in wool tomorrow!

Beesgirl 10-10-2012 08:28 PM

My 3 year old is VERY picky about his pants, I'm lucky to keep pants on him at home or often times he'll change in to pajama pants. :hugs:

divabeadz 10-10-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beesgirl (Post 15796234)
My 3 year old is VERY picky about his pants, I'm lucky to keep pants on him at home or often times he'll change in to pajama pants. :hugs:

Kate, your 3 yr old and mine were born a day apart! Magdalena was born on the 25th :-)

Skybaby712 10-10-2012 08:47 PM

I haven't tried sbish so I don't know if it is the same, but maybe she will like interlock? If you haven't tried that already. Hopefully tomorrow will be better :hugs:

wigglers 10-10-2012 08:48 PM

:hugs::hugs: It has to be a phase! I'm half there with you. DD did this all summer - wouldn't wear her skirties etc. (turned 2 in May). In fact she refused anything wool.

Now that it's fall though, she seems to be more open to it. I am crossing everything that she'll want to wear wool this winter! But now she's PLd so our spring longies don't fit and don't have elastic waists. :cry:

Why do they have to have such opinions already???? They have the rest of their lives to dress themselves!!! GL.

whitneywalters 10-10-2012 08:51 PM

Kairi did this around two. I stopped using wool all together with her because she had such a fit.

divabeadz 10-10-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wigglers (Post 15796316)
:hugs::hugs: It has to be a phase! I'm half there with you. DD did this all summer - wouldn't wear her skirties etc. (turned 2 in May). In fact she refused anything wool.

Now that it's fall though, she seems to be more open to it. I am crossing everything that she'll want to wear wool this winter! But now she's PLd so our spring longies don't fit and don't have elastic waists. :cry:

Why do they have to have such opinions already???? They have the rest of their lives to dress themselves!!! GL.

LOL! I agree!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybaby712 (Post 15796311)
I haven't tried sbish so I don't know if it is the same, but maybe she will like interlock? If you haven't tried that already. Hopefully tomorrow will be better :hugs:

Nah, she's out of diapers so it's not a matter of using wool as a cd cover, it's just that we have a nice stash of lovely pieces and some custom pieces ITW already.