Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Moms who use bouncers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14524)

offlikeapromdress 06-15-2006 07:45 AM

Moms who use bouncers

I got a $50 gc to target so I thought I would buy a bouncer for Aidan's arrival. I have the papasan chair I used for Sophia and plan on using it but wanted a bouncer. I have narrowed it down to 3. Can you tell me your experiences with these three or if there was one you liked better.

Fisher Price Sensory Bouncer

Baby Einstein Discoveries Bouncer

Fisher Price Ocean Wonders

I really like the leap frog one, but it says I can only get it online

Help me girls!!!!

zonapellucida 06-15-2006 08:39 AM

Re: Moms who use bouncers

I want the Einstein one!!! (sniff that I have to use the one I already own :( )

offlikeapromdress 06-15-2006 08:44 AM

it didnt have the best reviews. But I like the look of it. I think after reading everything on the net, Im gonna go with the Sensory one, but was hoping someone on here would have a review for me.

bfoster2000 06-15-2006 08:46 AM

I don't know anything about the others but we got the Ocean Wonders one at a consignment sale when DJ was about 4 months old and it was a LIFESAVER!!! He was so colicky and high needs...nothing kept him happy for more than 20 minutes at a time but he would play happily in that bouncy seat for an hour! Once he started crawling and cruising, he had no interest in being pinned down at all (not being held, not in the swing, Jumperoo, Exersaucer, nothing...he wanted to be all over the place) but he would still sit and play happily with the fish forever. Eventually he just got too big for it but he still wants to sit in it every time he sees it. That and his "boobies" are the two things that I think are going to cause problems when the new baby arrives... :(

Raquelita 06-15-2006 08:48 AM

DS loves his aquarium wonders bouncer.

Shannon 06-15-2006 08:49 AM

I didn't have THAT Baby Einstein bouncer but I did have a BE one and I reall liked it. It had piano keys on the tray that went across it and 4 different ways you could have it play. It vibrated as well but didn't rock. I got rid of it becuase I wasn't going to have anymore babies....*dumb dumb*

kathywiehl 06-15-2006 08:49 AM

I usually buy them at consignment shops so I have no experience with the ones youl linked, but I wanted to ask why you can't use your gc online? I'm sure if you read the back of the card, it will give instructions for online shopping. Most store gcs can be used that way.

offlikeapromdress 06-15-2006 09:09 AM

No, I know I can use it online, but I dont want to pay the shipping charges. Im cheap..lol. Plus Im too impatient (even though the baby wont be here for another 40something days)..lol. Dh said we will go look at them in person this weekend while we are on our trip and see what they look like. Thanks for the advice.

Cadensmommy 06-15-2006 10:05 AM

I have the einsitine one and love it but its true it does not really rock but it still is a great seat! well worth the money!

HTH Clarissa

Luv2bemommy 06-15-2006 10:20 AM

I like the FP sensory one!! It's real colorful, so it will simulate the baby's brain! :)