Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   UPDATED 11/5! - ISO: Homebirth Supplies (see list) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452401)

Green Decals 10-10-2012 11:50 AM

UPDATED 11/5! - ISO: Homebirth Supplies (see list)

I need to fill in a few things for my birth kit, and would love to do it with what others have left over! Here is what I need:

(2) plastic backed sheets 40"x60"
(12) peach contoured pads (the big postpartum menstrual pads)
(2) instant perineal compresses
4oz tube sterile surgical lubricating jelly
povidone scrub brush

Please let me know what you have, thanks!

Veg's Dragonflies 10-10-2012 11:59 AM

Re: ISO: Homebirth Supplies (see list)

I have;
3 mesh briefs
8 maternity length pads with tails
5 disposable underpads 18x24 inches

I can do FFS if you can throw a couple bucks in for gas. :)

Just PM me if you are interested.

Green Decals 10-10-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veg's Dragonflies (Post 15793964)
I have;
3 mesh briefs
8 maternity length pads with tails
5 disposable underpads 18x24 inches

I can do FFS if you can throw a couple bucks in for gas. :)

Just PM me if you are interested.

What are the "maternity length pads with tails"? I don't need the underpads - I have a bazillion this!

Veg's Dragonflies 10-10-2012 12:14 PM

They are like pads but they have tails that are the same length as the underpants form front to back. It's what they give you at the hospital.

waterisntsomething 10-10-2012 12:15 PM

check around thrift stores for plastic sheets. We found 2 king (regular king and we were in California where everything is Cal king) sized ones in our tiny town. I couldn't believe it. I think they get donated by old folks homes and hospitals. It cost like 2 dollars.

homebirthmamabrandy 10-10-2012 12:22 PM

Use dollar store shower curtains for sheets....work great!

Green Decals 10-10-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterisntsomething (Post 15794046)
check around thrift stores for plastic sheets. We found 2 king (regular king and we were in California where everything is Cal king) sized ones in our tiny town. I couldn't believe it. I think they get donated by old folks homes and hospitals. It cost like 2 dollars.

The plastic backed sheets are semi-absorbent - they go on the floor to protect carpeting but they aren't slippery, they are only like 75 cents a piece :-) I have a double set of sheets on our bed, with a PVC-free shower curtain layered between them!

Green Decals 10-10-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veg's Dragonflies (Post 15794044)
They are like pads but they have tails that are the same length as the underpants form front to back. It's what they give you at the hospital.

Ugh, auto-correct... My other post was supposed to read "bazillion chux" not "this" - anyway, I would love to take the mesh panties off your hands!

Veg's Dragonflies 10-10-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Decals (Post 15794102)
Ugh, auto-correct... My other post was supposed to read "bazillion chux" not "this" - anyway, I would love to take the mesh panties off your hands!

That's fine. How does $5 sound total?

hollyecat 10-10-2012 07:40 PM

I have 4 perineal instant compresses. Too bad, I had most of what you needed but just donated all of it to get it out of my closet. Do you just want 2 of the compresses? PM and we can work it out.