Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Great pants to cover the fluffy butt (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452414)

JessB 10-10-2012 12:20 PM

Great pants to cover the fluffy butt

My cousin loaned me some baby clothes, and among them was some gap newborn pants. I've never used gap pants before, but they are sooo roomy in the seat and hips. They are perfect to put over a diaper. Anyone else have perfect fluffy butt pants?

Magoo07 10-10-2012 12:26 PM

I'd love to know this too... One piece outfits are good, but my 4 month old looks silly in most "real" pants! Lol

Kabuki24 10-10-2012 12:33 PM

Re: Great pants to cover the fluffy butt

Yes, we had a pair of gap sweats that were so prefect for a fluffy bum! My DS's Old Navy jeans fit great too. I don't have much trouble though finding clothes that fit over his fluff.

boysniris 10-10-2012 12:37 PM

I guess this is kind of spammy, but I designed my EmotiBums fleece w/a gusset so they would be extra roomy over a fluffy bum :)

Art mama 10-10-2012 12:43 PM

You can also buy a pattern to make big baby butt pants. I've started doing this for my fluff butt who's also chunky. She's almost 6 months old and I just bought her Carter's 36 mo pants and cut them off :)

eileprose 10-10-2012 01:05 PM

Old navy knits and fleece pants are great. Project Pamona pants are supposed to be awesome as well but only really worth the cost if you buy when you lo is at the start of each size. I have one pair on the way. Its supposed to last from 3 to 9 months or more.

armywife21 10-10-2012 01:09 PM

My kids are super supper skinny (not my genes ha) fluffy butt actually allowed them to wear normal sized pants. Even with a fluffy butt we still have to buy adjustible wasit pants. SMH!

meljc 10-10-2012 01:34 PM

Yep, love the Gap "lounge pants"! Beware that their heavier knit pants seem to run smaller in width and length despite being the same size. But DS doesn't have too much trouble fitting most pants from Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree and J&J (thank goodness for hand-me-downs!). Our diapers tend to be on the trimmer side so maybe that plays a role.

holocene 10-10-2012 01:39 PM

We wear mostly Gap loung pants and Boden reversible baggies. Love them. So soft, comfy, roomy and warm.

BirthdayMama 10-10-2012 04:20 PM

Yep, Gymboree (not the pjs, just the pants), Naartjie, Hanna Andersson, Old Navy (only the ones without the adjustable elastic), Children's Place, some Osh Kosh have all worked well for us.