Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Must have pregnancy items (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452427)

dagmomma 10-10-2012 01:03 PM

Must have pregnancy items

So I wanted to do a search to see if there was something I am missing to get for my 4th and final pregnancy.

I found top 10 and top 25 list on what products pregnant moms can not live without.

It was everything from juicers to lipstick to $40 hand cream.

So what are your top 10 pregnancy must haves?

1) Maternity yoga pants
2)Earth mama angel baby mother wellness tea.
3)Argan oil and or coconut oil (argan is great for lips)
4)My elle mcpherson nursing bra as well as my pea in the pod sleep nursing bra
5)comfy shoes
6)workout videos--pre-natal yoga and my new favorite Tracy Anderson workout video which has a different workout for each month
7)A good body pillow--I need one any suggestions?
8)french fries--apparently my craving this pregnancy
9)candies like preggo pop drops
10)ice cream! preferrably ben and jerrys

I am sorry I added food but that is where my mind seemed to go.

EmilytheStrange 10-10-2012 01:17 PM

Re: Must have pregnancy items

1) my snoogle
2) maternity pants
3) apples (keep me awake in the afternoons)
4) cereal

that's all I can come up with. I guess pregnancy isn't much different from regular life for me except that I really cannot stand waistbands and belts and I'm nauseated all the time (hence the cereal). Oh, and my fetus doesn't like coffee, so the apples help.

I had workout dvds with DD.. well, I guess I still HAVE them.. but compared to what I did pre-pregnancy, I found them ridiculously boring. Mostly I walked - a lot - with DD. Now, I'm just trying to stay toddler active - like following her around as she rides her bike, etc. Maybe I'll start walking during naptime once the treadmill has been reset up since our big move.

ETA because all you mentioned it: supportive husband and a water bottle. but I have those things all the time, so I don't think of them as 'pregnancy items'.

twinpossible 10-10-2012 01:24 PM

1. LONG tops to cover the belly and hips
2. Comfy pants yoga style for around the house
3. Comfy shoes
4. Nursing bras for growing boobies
5. For the winter warm socks with traction stickies on the bottom to avoid slipping
6. Body pillow - cheap one from Target
7. Lifecycle water bottle with sport top, it's the only way I stay hydrated!
8. To go smoothies in the fridge for the days when I am hungry but have to leave in a hurry.
9. Pressure point massage tool for my hubby to help with my back pain.
10. Unisom and b6 for the first trimester to bring my sickness down to 1 time a day.

Mommabeebritt 10-10-2012 01:29 PM

This is my first pregnancy
1.) Pillows... lots of them. I don't have a snoogle but I wish I would have invested in one in the beginning of my pregnancy.
2.) Notepads/notebooks/planner- just a way for me to keep track of things. I swear I forget so many things now that i'm pregnant
3.) Vaseline Coco butter- this is the only coco butter that doesn't stink to me. now, if only it actually prevented my stretch marks...
4.) St. Tropez Self Tanning Mousse- this hides my stretch marks enough to where I can look at myself with out crying.. sounds bad but it's true. This stuff works really well though. I'm very fair skinned and it doesn't make me look orange.
5.) TUMS. This is kind of recent, I don't take any medications really unless it's unbearable but lately my heartburn/acid reflux has been at it's high and these make me get through the night.
6.) Baths.. nothing better than relaxing in the bath.
7.) This is going to sound bad.. Mcdonald's cheeseburgers. I was a vegetarian for 4 years then started eating chicken for about a year then when I got pregnant, I started craving the cheap 1 dollar cheeseburgers. I gave in. I only have one a month but still.
8.) A supportive SO I don't know what I would do without the support and love of my boyfriend. He really is amazing:loveit::loveit:
9.) Sleep, enough said
10.) Pedicures

Nyghtengale 10-10-2012 06:37 PM

1. My IPad it keeps me sane. With Preggy mind fog, my iPad helps me keep track of my other kids and job

2. Pillows I have about 10 on my bed including my body pillow.

3. Sports bras a size larger the normal for room and comfort.

4. Juice, lots of juice

5. Fiji bottle water for some reason the only water I ave tried this pregnancy that didn't have a weird taste.

6. Peppermints hard candy to help count act my super nose

7 My Grinch polar fleece and flannel pjs

8. My Xbox Zumba and wii yoga games

9. My sewing machine

10. Gummy bears, the keep nausea at bay

twinpossible 10-10-2012 07:24 PM

Gummy bears helped my nausea too, I love the Harpo brand. I am the same way about my water, that's why I HAVE to have the glass water bottle. I can taste plastic and steel when I am preggo and it is gross.

breebee 10-12-2012 12:01 PM

1) Lemon Ginger Tea (1st Trimester)
2) As many pillows as fit in my bed
3) A King sized bed to contain all my pillows and husband
4) Yoga style pants
5) Trail mix and/or trail mix bars
6) My iphone to entertain me when I wake up between 3 and 4am (new to 3rd trimester)
7) Any kind of notepad to help me remember
8) 48oz water bottle
9) Husband to help keep the crazy at bay
10) CROCKPOT!

Kiliki 10-12-2012 12:13 PM

1. long flowy skirts w/elastic waist bands - this way if I pee myself when I'm out and about, I can ball up my undies, toss them in my purse, and no one will ever know.

2. 5 pillows to sleep with - 2 between my legs, one to hug, one under my head

3. 2 or 3 "nice" maternity shirts to I can go somewhere and not look like a pregnant hobo. Otherwise I just wear big T-shirts at home, or old scrubby shirts from previous pregnancies that have seen better days

4. Cotton granny panties. Not sexy but very practical and comfy.

5. nap time (for the older kids) and HGTV

6. easy dinners

7. eggs and onion bagels for Bfast every morning

8. at least one big cup for water at night, which gets refilled at least twice

nicolemariep 10-12-2012 01:25 PM

1. Old Navy Maternity Yoga Pants
2. Seamless undies
3. Tums Smoothies
4. Pillows (and lots of them!)
5. Ear plugs (so I don't murder my snoring husband in his sleep)
6. Crushed Ice
7. Bras with the gel coated underwires (so I don't have wires stabbing my poor preggo boobies)

... that's all I've got for now

kannondicarpo 10-12-2012 01:35 PM

1. Big thin plastic water cup (think McD iced coffee cups)
2. Lemon to put in all of that water
3. Pillows, pillows, pillows -- I have a snoogle but I like to alternate
4. Yoga Pants
5. Lots of long tank tops -- I hate wearing a lot of clothes at home
6. Almonds to snack on
7. Daily rest time for all of us
8. An awesome Husband who gives me foot/back rubs daily
9. Yoga/Birth ball to sit on
10. Extra large bath towel so that I can actually wrap my whole body