Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Blueberry Bamboo Flats (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452451)

CaliRoll 10-10-2012 01:48 PM

Blueberry Bamboo Flats

Ugh. I was so excited to order these. They don't offer any kind of free shipping so it cost $10.37 to ship UPS Ground, which took 8 days to get here. They finally got here Monday and I opened the package to prep them last night. They smelled a little funky, like chemicals. After two wash/dry cycles, they smelled better and fluffed up and felt so silky and wonderful.

Oh, but ALL SIX flats had the serged edges come apart. :cry: So back to Swaddlebees/Blueberry they go. I'm asking for a refund instead of an exchange because if all six in the package were defective, there's not much hope that another package will be fine.

After returning two Simplex dipes for defective snaps, and now all six flats, I'm seriously bummed. :sadno:

Does any other company make bamboo flats?

ServingHim 10-10-2012 02:10 PM

Re: Blueberry Bamboo Flats

Yuck! Sorry to hear that, I don't know of anyone else that makes bamboo flats like those. I know you can find bamboo terry flats though. Zabibaby and Orange diaper company come to mind.

I have 2 OS Swaddlebee AIOs on the way, and I am a little nervous about them since broken snaps seems to be a common problem.

CaliRoll 10-10-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ServingHim (Post 15794591)
Yuck! Sorry to hear that, I don't know of anyone else that makes bamboo flats like those. I know you can find bamboo terry flats though. Zabibaby and Orange diaper company come to mind.

I have 2 OS Swaddlebee AIOs on the way, and I am a little nervous about them since broken snaps seems to be a common problem.

They claim the snap problem has been fixed but who knows if they still have older stock that was part of the problem. Give the snaps a test as soon as you get them. On both Simplex that I had, the snaps in question popped off the first time they were unsnapped, so it was pretty obvious right away. There's a form on their website for requesting an RMA. I had my RMA today within a half hour or so of submitting the online form. Ask for them to be repaired, not exchanged. They exchanged the first Simplex I returned and the snap on the replacement dipe broke right out of the package. That one I had them repair and they replaced all the snaps and it worked fine. Just took forever for the repaired diaper to get back into my hands.

holocene 10-10-2012 02:28 PM

That really sucks. I love Swaddlebee's products, but I've had snap issues with both of my Simplex too.

raisingthem4Him 10-10-2012 02:38 PM

That is a bummer. :( I also have the blueberry bamboo flats, but I have not had any problems with the edges on any of mine. I ordered them from Kelly's closet since I was ordering other things they shipped free. Sweetbabybottoms also has them I think with free shipping. I've found that the Swaddlebees website tends to have the highest shipping options compared to other online stores. I have also had problems with snaps on a couple of my capri covers, but I have other ones that are perfect.

CaliRoll 10-10-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerolami19
That is a bummer. :( I also have the blueberry bamboo flats, but I have not had any problems with the edges on any of mine. I ordered them from Kelly's closet since I was ordering other things they shipped free. Sweetbabybottoms also has them I think with free shipping. I've found that the Swaddlebees website tends to have the highest shipping options compared to other online stores. I have also had problems with snaps on a couple of my capri covers, but I have other ones that are perfect.

I had the post office weigh the return and it would've been the same price to ship them to me 3 day priority, that they charged me for UPS ground.

I really loved the flats so maybe I did just get a bad batch. I'm going to see what the bamboo terry ones go for and maybe try those. My fear is ordering the Blueberry flats again and having the same issue and having yet another return, kwim?

lynn97 10-10-2012 03:44 PM

Sbish also makes bamboo flats. It theirs are really more like PFs. They are also a bamboo terry. They are really nice, though.

Sorry your Swadlebees purchases have been a bust. I hav a couple Simplex that I love up I need to try all the snaps...

thoughtfulmama 10-10-2012 03:48 PM

You can also go the etsy or hc route. Tons of shops that have bamboo Terry, fleece or jersey flats. Hemp jersey or hemp/bamboo is also wonderul!

CaliRoll 10-10-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thoughtfulmama (Post 15795053)
You can also go the etsy or hc route. Tons of shops that have bamboo Terry, fleece or jersey flats. Hemp jersey or hemp/bamboo is also wonderul!

I have a fear of hemp. :hide:

momgoddess 10-10-2012 07:03 PM

OH NO! I have a package OTW too. I hope that doesn't happen to mine...but for $30 for 6, they should be better made!