Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Extra Fluffy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   large or xl diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452496)

mamamarisa 10-10-2012 04:35 PM

large or xl diapers

im debating on waiting for black friday sales or buying bigger dipes now..ds isnt potty trained but is in the process and only uses a few dipes a day and i dont even know if i want to cd anymore bc the diapers dont clean well with the tiny loads we are doing these days. if anyone knows any sales lmk. idk what i want either, but no os diapers or trainers lol. and cheap. idk maybe black friday is the way to go?

kirst 10-12-2012 12:07 AM

Re: large or xl diapers

I am watching this because my son is only 6 months old, 19 lbs, and already almost outgrown the Bum Genius 3.0 pockets that I have for him that are supposed to go up to 28 lbs and potty training. There is just no way I see that happening the way he has been growing. Maybe he will slow down once he starts crawling but so far he is at 95 percentile. I've already lost tons of money because I bought 6 newborn BG's and 7 small sized Bum Genius diapers that he could only wear for less than a month each size. So now I'm a bit leary of buying cloth if he's just going to grow so fast. Thinking it may have been cheaper just to use disposables, seeing as how he will likely be an only child. Any suggestions on cheap, but absorbant large or extra large fitted diapers?

babilove121405 10-12-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirst (Post 15801050)
I am watching this because my son is only 6 months old, 19 lbs, and already almost outgrown the Bum Genius 3.0 pockets that I have for him that are supposed to go up to 28 lbs and potty training. There is just no way I see that happening the way he has been growing. Maybe he will slow down once he starts crawling but so far he is at 95 percentile. I've already lost tons of money because I bought 6 newborn BG's and 7 small sized Bum Genius diapers that he could only wear for less than a month each size. So now I'm a bit leary of buying cloth if he's just going to grow so fast. Thinking it may have been cheaper just to use disposables, seeing as how he will likely be an only child. Any suggestions on cheap, but absorbant large or extra large fitted diapers?

have u tried the bg 4.0 i use them on my son and love them and hes 4 and 43 lbs

kirst 10-13-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babilove121405 (Post 15803295)
have u tried the bg 4.0 i use them on my son and love them and hes 4 and 43 lbs

Yes, but the rise isn't that big on them for diapers that are supposed to go up to potty training. I have two BG Freetimes as well, and I like the actual diaper, but my son is a few millimeters away from having "plumber's crack" in them and I know it's only a matter of time before poo starts going up the back. He needs a higher rise. It seems like if I stuff enough in the pocket to tide him, then the rise is too shallow. So I'm left trying to predict at each change if I should stuff for a #1 or a #2.

kirst 10-13-2012 12:21 AM

I know Fuzzibunz makes youth sizes...but I really think the suede cloth is better for my son for stay-dry. I have one large Bella Bottoms cover that I bought before he was born...I only bought one thinking I could use it as training pants because it has side snaps. It is lined with suedecloth and has one end open so I at least will have one diaper for him that seems like it will be okay for when he's larger. But I went to her site the other day and she (Faith) didn't seem to have much stock on there at all. I have two of her hemp-OBV fitteds and they are awesome, but he is on highest rise setting already (totally unsnapped) at 6 months.

monkey's mama 11-02-2012 01:35 PM

I have some Antsy Pants in a 4t. They fit my 3 year old daughter and my 2 year old son both very well because of the stretchy sides. I bought them and only used them for a couple of weeks because they both potty trained at the same time and quicker than I anticipated!

Jennipenny 11-02-2012 07:07 PM

I actually just received a second Fuzzibunz youth size diaper (it's an XXL - my 8 still has problems at night) and it's been doing the job fine!

P!nkPepper 11-02-2012 10:18 PM

I have 2 XXL Fuzzi Buns for my stocky 4 year old & they work great. I stuff them with 2 prefolds & the MF insert. It gives him an "ant butt" but he loves his diapers. I bought XXL because I tend to really stuff them and they were cheaper than XLs. Got mine when they were 10% off. I paid $25 for both new.

Jodie ~ wife & mama

tmg424 11-15-2012 11:18 PM

Thirsties work the best for us. My dd is in the 95th percentile as well. My son was the same way and outgrew the bg way too quick also.

tmg424 11-15-2012 11:20 PM

Oh and when you get to potty training and need a pull on the happy heinys work great for night. They are bulky but I haven't had a leak.