Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Family Planning (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   She didn't know she was pregnant!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452514)

MyVintageBliss 10-10-2012 04:49 PM

She didn't know she was pregnant!!!

I can't help it, I just have to share!! I'm so excited!! One of my best friends since childhood is pregnant! But her story is the best part. She's been married like 8 years and they DO NOT want kids, never have. She is so scared of pain (any kind) and she's an only child. But I'm always threatening to replace all her Birth Control Pills with little candies so she can have a little one. We've joked about this for years. Well she only has like 2 periods a year. Her periods have always been weird and all over the place. She takes the pill just in case and so every month before she starts a new pack of Birth Control Pills her doctor has her take a pregnancy test since she doesn't have regular periods...... Well on Monday she calls and she went to take her monthly pregnancy test and it came up POSITIVE right away!! She of course freaked out and went to get a blood test right away which also came back positive. She was hysterical, shocked, scared, excited, everything. Her doctor told her that her first appt would be in November at her 8 week mark. That was Monday... yesterday she bought the book "what to expect when you're expecting"... So this morning (wednesday) she said she felt fluttering in her stomach already. She freaked out and called her doctor who said let's get a sonogram so we can see if you're further along then we thought.........

She's 3 days shy of her 3rd trimester!!!! And it's a BOY!!! She had no idea!! She's put on 2lbs and the baby is 2lbs right now. So Monday she got a positive test and Wednesday she already new what she was having!!!! I'm throwing the baby shower and I'm so excited! She's really excited now!! I always knew she would be a great mom!! I can't wait!!

bigmamakelsey 10-10-2012 04:54 PM

Re: She didn't know she was pregnant!!!

Wow!!! What a shocker! Congrats to your friend, and have fun showering her with baby goodies :giggle:

stevensmom 10-10-2012 04:56 PM

that is what I've always wanted!!! To find out I was pregnant and out of the 1st and 2nd tri! Congrats to your friend!

ETA: I do have to think how in the world did she have negative tests for the 6 months prior!

ChihuahuaMama13 10-10-2012 04:58 PM

How amazing! Congrats to your friend! :goodvibes:

lauren_brooke 10-10-2012 05:00 PM

Wow!! Congrats to your friend!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

A21Lee 10-10-2012 05:05 PM

That's amazing! I can't help but be curious about the situation at home (not wanting kids and suddenly being that far along). I hope that it's every bit the blessing it's intended to be!

leyash 10-10-2012 05:25 PM

Man. I can't imagine. Can you imagine only "being pregnant" (knowing you were pregnant) for 12 weeks? That's a super fast pregnancy! Haha. Congratulations to her.

moms5angels 10-10-2012 05:38 PM

thats awsome! congrats!!!

Done at 3 10-10-2012 05:50 PM

Wow! Wishing them all the best!

3boys_mom 10-10-2012 06:05 PM

Awesome for your friend!

I was 22 weeks along when I found out about DS2, 14 weeks with DS1, 12 weeks with DS3, and pretty early with the girls...