Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Surprise! Found twins at the gender u/s. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452536)

March 10-10-2012 05:44 PM

Yup...

Freaking out! Girls. U/s tech and ultrasonographer both reaaaaally think di/di, but because the placenta(s) is (are) posterior, we can't detect a clear chorion separation, so we have to call them mono/di. Makes me nervous--planning a birth center birth across state lines... Hoping perinatologist can do something to rule out monochorion possibility.

We have four midwives secured, three with extensive twin experience. So right now my focus is EATING and protein.

lecialefty 10-10-2012 06:56 PM

Wow what a surprise! Congrats!

jesajane 10-10-2012 08:32 PM

Re: Surprise! Found twins at the gender u/s.

That's awesome! I have twin girls, too! They are fraternal. It can be challenging but they are so much fun. My best advice, be flexible with everything. Enjoy the journey and take it easy on yourself.

thealmightyme 10-10-2012 09:08 PM

Wow what a surprise. How do you feel about it? I wasn't shocked when I found out. I told my coworker please tell me it's only one, and it was twins. They are almost 19 months now.

TexasHeatherLynn 10-11-2012 03:24 PM

What an awesome surprise!!!

iwiamandaiwi 10-11-2012 03:27 PM

Wow, was this your first and only u/s for this pregnancy or did you have an earlier one and they missed them?

nursenmom 10-11-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi (Post 15799300)
Wow, was this your first and only u/s for this pregnancy or did you have an earlier one and they missed them?

:yeahthat:

mtietz 10-11-2012 03:38 PM

Congrats! I found out about our (mono-di) twins at my 8 week appointment and honestly, I still don't think I've recovered from the shock!

The membrane separating our two is very, very thin. There is clearly only one placenta, but both of my u/s at the MFM office the sonographer has had a really hard time finding and confirming the membrane/separate sacks.

If you just had your anatomy u/s, I bet we are close in timing! I'm officially due 3/9/13, but won't go past 38 weeks. How far are you?

March 10-11-2012 04:14 PM

I'm 16w5d; this was my first u/s. We knew our dates; my midwife client's generally opt out of the first tri scan unless there's dating uncertainty.

Mommabeebritt 10-11-2012 04:16 PM

Awh that's such a huge shock! Congrats :)