Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In May (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   UC Anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452541)

heavenlyblessedmom 10-10-2012 05:56 PM

UC Anyone?

Am I the only one who's planning a UC? If you are UCing is it your first or have you UC'd before? Do you plan to UP as well?

leyash 10-10-2012 05:57 PM

Re: UC Anyone?

I have never, and would never.

Good luck!

Mommyto2B2G 10-10-2012 06:25 PM

Ok... pregnancy brain... UC? UP? What does that stand for?

heavenlyblessedmom 10-10-2012 06:28 PM

UC = Unassisted Childbirth, aka, birthing without a paid birth attendant

UP = Unassisted Pregnancy, aka, doing your own prenatal care

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun (Post 15795744)
Ok... pregnancy brain... UC? UP? What does that stand for?

MomToJazmyne 10-10-2012 07:10 PM

Not me...It is hard to get me to term even with the slew of doctors I have.

Mommyto2B2G 10-10-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavenlyblessedmom (Post 15795766)
UC = Unassisted Childbirth, aka, birthing without a paid birth attendant

UP = Unassisted Pregnancy, aka, doing your own prenatal care

ah! ok. :)

UC: I would love to and I've been contemplating it. I absolutely hate the hospital I will have to deliver at and don't trust them to not intervene so my dh and I have discussed either going last minute (I live a min down the street) or opps not making it.. I am known for fast labors. lol

UP: Nope, can't do it. I have too many concerns. I had a couple losses before this pregnancy and I want to make sure I know what is going on in there.

heavenlyblessedmom 10-10-2012 07:43 PM

If you'd like some help with resources, I have several links and the PDF for the book Emergency Childbirth which I consider a must read for anyone regardless of birth plans. BTW, does that say you live in Houston, TX?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun (Post 15796058)
ah! ok. :)

UC: I would love to and I've been contemplating it. I absolutely hate the hospital I will have to deliver at and don't trust them to not intervene so my dh and I have discussed either going last minute (I live a min down the street) or opps not making it.. I am known for fast labors. lol

UP: Nope, can't do it. I have too many concerns. I had a couple losses before this pregnancy and I want to make sure I know what is going on in there.

Mommyto2B2G 10-10-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavenlyblessedmom (Post 15796066)
If you'd like some help with resources, I have several links and the PDF for the book Emergency Childbirth which I consider a must read for anyone regardless of birth plans. BTW, does that say you live in Houston, TX?

That would be great. :) My husband is a medic (nurse) so i trust him if we go that route but it needs to be talked out more. Oh, and we live in San Antonio.

heavenlyblessedmom 10-10-2012 08:04 PM

PM me your e-mail address and I can send that. Ah, ok, well still not TOO far from me, that's cool =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun (Post 15796141)
That would be great. :) My husband is a medic (nurse) and we live in San Antonio.

MommaLEB 10-10-2012 08:29 PM

I'm not planning to, but last time I was 9 cms when I got to the hospital (2 blocks from my house) so I'm making DH learn just in case.