Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Increase in discharge or mucus plug? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452631)

kannondicarpo 10-11-2012 01:21 AM

Increase in discharge or mucus plug?

I'm 39w2d. I know that it could be weeks still.

I'm having serious "snotty" discharge. No infection. No DTD recently.

I'm just looking for signs to get me through these last few days/weeks and I'm curious to know what others think.

This is my 4th pregnancy and, like I said, I know it could be weeks. All of mine have come naturally at:

38w3d
40w5d
41w6d

and in that order so I'm not expecting an early baby. Just trying to occupy myself while I wait! :thumbsup:

kannondicarpo 10-11-2012 02:10 PM

Re: Increase in discharge or mucus plug?

bump for people who are awake now. :)

Mommabeebritt 10-11-2012 02:54 PM

My midwife told me that if the discharge is thick after 37 weeks its most likely you mucus plug coming out slowly.

keen1981 10-11-2012 03:12 PM

My mucus plug is undeniably obvious. It's not just thick discharge. It's as if I had a horrid cold and blew my nose. It's green and very very sticky. Both kids had the same kind.

bigmamakelsey 10-11-2012 03:22 PM

With my second I had a lot of clear EW mucous for about 5 days, then I lost my mucous plug (tinged red/brown, and started to bleed lightly), then went into labor that evening:)

canadianbakers 10-11-2012 03:51 PM

I started losing my plug late on Friday, continued through the weekend, and Levi was born 8:40 Monday morning.
He's the only one I lost my plug with, that I noticed anyways.

HeatherlovesCDs 10-11-2012 04:46 PM

You and I have the same due date. So, 39wks 3 days now. This is also my 4th pregnancy (6th baby). I've never noticeably lost my plug. But, I can tell you I'm having the exact same type of discharge. I don't necessarily think it's plug, but I am having seriously strong contractions right now (always have lots of contractions). I'm taking it as a sign because it helps me be more calm and think something is coming. :thumbsup:

kannondicarpo 10-11-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs (Post 15799378)
You and I have the same due date. So, 39wks 3 days now. This is also my 4th pregnancy (6th baby). I've never noticeably lost my plug. But, I can tell you I'm having the exact same type of discharge. I don't necessarily think it's plug, but I am having seriously strong contractions right now (always have lots of contractions). I'm taking it as a sign because it helps me be more calm and think something is coming. :thumbsup:

Yep, 39w3d -- I posted this last night!

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I'm not sure that it's anything really and I have noticeably lost my plug with the girls but YES (!!!) this is just me trying to be more calm and think something is coming!

I also am having lots of strong ctx but always do as well. I could have written your post and it sounds like you could have written mine. :lostit:

mclaybrook 10-11-2012 05:08 PM

I'm due on Monday too!! :) I lost my plug a few days ago.. it was thick and icky looking. I've had a heavy amount of clear discharge since.. I keep thinking that it's my water leaking.. but, it's not. Oh the joys of pregnancy! :goodvibes:

kannondicarpo 10-11-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaybrook (Post 15799466)
I'm due on Monday too!! :) I lost my plug a few days ago.. it was thick and icky looking. I've had a heavy amount of clear discharge since.. I keep thinking that it's my water leaking.. but, it's not. Oh the joys of pregnancy! :goodvibes:

Woot for another due on Monday baby!!!! I hope it's something for you...