Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I learned all kinds of things about myself this week (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452660)

Minniebees 10-11-2012 07:51 AM

I learned all kinds of things about myself this week

Life's an adventure, right?

I learned that my gallbladder is shaped really weird, and I have gallstones.

I learned that I am allergic to morphine, and benedryl really burns when pushed into a help lock super fast. Who knew?

I learned that the baby does NOT like it when mommy is in pain, and has decels and non-reactive strips.

I learned that after 24 hours of constant pain, and 36 hours without sleep, I get really difficult to deal with. And I cry. A lot. :giggle:

And the real take home lesson, I am thankful for hospitals and medical care, but even more thankful to go home! :thumbsup:

Scarlett's mommy 10-11-2012 08:18 AM

Re: I learned all kinds of things about myself this week

:hugs:

my2sweets 10-11-2012 08:24 AM

Oh my mama! I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Minniebees 10-11-2012 08:34 AM

I feel fine now, and the baby looks GREAT. His/her health is very impressive, actually. The growth scans were great, and the strips looked great once they got my pain under control. Which took 12 hours because of the morphine thing. I've never been allergic to anything in my life.

It all happened in a very fortuitous way, to tell the truth. The nurse started pushing the morphine, but got called out in the hallway because another mom in triage was having issues. She got an infinitesimally small dose in me. Seriously, it was almost no morphine at all. So my arm started itching. Then you could literally see the rash going up my arms. My veins turned red, my hand started to swell and my BP started to drop. everyone freaked. It was silly. And only because it ended well.

And I can look back on it all with humor since the baby is doing so well. All the problems are me, which may mean an early delivery, but for now I have a very healthy, strong, baby who is growing very very well, and excellent follow up. They were close to doing an emergency c-section, and if they had, I would not have been able to look back on all of this in a fairly cheerful manner. Emergency C at 29 weeks is no joke, no matter how big the baby is. I'm still optimistic I will go full term, though. :D

napua 10-11-2012 08:40 AM

I'm glad you are doing better and the baby is fine. I hope you can go full term! My daughter was born by emergency c/s at 28 weeks and it was really a difficult ordeal.

Fitter 10-11-2012 10:54 AM

glad you are home and doing well. Feel better and keep cooking that baby, he/she isn't done yet :)

VinhThiMom 10-11-2012 11:02 AM

Sounds like you've had an exciting week! Can they remove the gallbladder while pregnant?

Rockinmama24 10-11-2012 11:09 AM

Good luck, get well, & hopefully enjoy a full term baby :-)!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

eguisgirl 10-11-2012 11:49 AM

Oh my!! Those are some lessons! (I am guessing the benadryl was not diluted which is why it burned, just my :2cents:). I am so glad you are ok and that your little one is growing well! Get some rest!

Minniebees 10-11-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eguisgirl (Post 15797997)
Oh my!! Those are some lessons! (I am guessing the benadryl was not diluted which is why it burned, just my :2cents:). I am so glad you are ok and that your little one is growing well! Get some rest!

Yeah, they were in a bit of a hurry. :giggle:

They could take it out, but the surgical team is convinced it was not my gallbladder, and they absolutely refuse to touch me while pregnant. No big deal, they sent me home with some pain meds if I need them. Which I don't now. So all's good. I'm going to have it taken out after the baby is here and my milk supply is established.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but I am going to be optimistic. My blood pressure is awesome, so that's one less thing. They are still going back and forth about a cholestasis diagnosis, so I have to have my bile acids checked every week for now, and every 2 weeks later. I've been itchy since 14 weeks, and my liver function tests were all over the place. I guess they ran my titer wrong, so it might be going up (I'm isoimmunized, anti E), it came back positive, but no number. And it looks like I have GD. I'm wondering how on earth you do a GD diet, while eating non-fat (for the liver and gallbladder) while on bedrest. :headscratch: At least its at home modified bed rest - for now.

But you know, everything is going to work out, so I'm trying to stay positive, see the humor in stuff, and play with the things I'm buying for the baby. :thumbsup: And stay away from morphine. :mrgreen: