Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Families of 7 - what do you drive? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452693)

whitneywalters 10-11-2012 09:12 AM

Families of 7 - what do you drive?

My husband and I are on the fence about having another child. One thing for sure is that we would need a larger car. Right now we have a dodge caravan and it works for 6 but I highly doubt it would work for 7.

AnimalHouse 10-11-2012 09:37 AM

Re: Families of 7 - what do you drive?

:popcorn: We're about to be a family of 6, and have to get a new vehicle... I would love something to seats 7-8!

dncnshu00 10-11-2012 09:40 AM

We are a family of 6 debating another so I would love to see some suggestions on this as well.

ktmelody 10-11-2012 10:29 AM

We have 7 kids (9 of us total) and have a 15 passenger.

Really after a mini-van, a 9 seater suburban is the only thing that will work, and it is a huge PITB with car seats.

I say stick with the mini van if it has 7 seatbelts for the kids, because climbing all over an suv is awful. Or upgrade to a 12 passenger van. :)

HeatherlovesCDs 10-11-2012 10:30 AM

We are a family of 7, 8 any day now. Our children are all very close in age because we have 2 sets of twins. So, what would fit all 5 (now 6) carseats was a big consideration for us.

We have a 15 passenger Chevy Express Van. The last row is not in. It's awesome because it fits all our children and even a couple extra people if we need it to and there is a ton of space in the back for all the stuff we either have to take (like on vacation/camping) or buy (like at Costco). I was hesitant about it because it's so big and technically more than we need, but I'm so glad we got it. :)

Good Luck!!

HeatherlovesCDs 10-11-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktmelody (Post 15797886)
We have 7 kids (9 of us total) and have a 15 passenger.

Really after a mini-van, a 9 seater suburban is the only thing that will work, and it is a huge PITB with car seats.

I say stick with the mini van if it has 7 seatbelts for the kids, because climbing all over an suv is awful. Or upgrade to a 12 passenger van. :)

Just wanted to say, I totally agree with this. We had a Yukon XL (Suburban) before our 15 passenger van. It fit everyone, but it was really a pain and hard to get everyone in and out. We traded it in when our youngest twins were a couple months old. Someday when all our kids are out of carseats and don't need help, maybe we will go back to it, but I doubt it. It is cramped with 8 people in there. (Ours was 8 seater. 3 in 3rd row, 3 in second row and 2 in front.)

4boys1girlforme 10-11-2012 10:34 AM

We are a family of 7- or 8 with my 16 year old step-son (4 of my children are still in car seats- 1 RF) and I drive an Odyssey and my husband has a Pilot- both are 8 passenger. Bigger vehicles wouldn't fit in our garage and would be terrible on gas. I had a Ford Freestar that sat 7 before my Odyssey and we managed with that but had to drive 2 cars when we had my sds.

Janelle 10-11-2012 10:40 AM

We are almost a family of 7, and drive a Grand Caravan. We have it all worked out how everyone will fit when the baby is born, and it might be a little tight, but we are going to stick w/ the Caravan. I would rather stick w/ that and have pretty good gas mileage vs upgrading to something bigger and paying a fortune to gas it up...

whitneywalters 10-11-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janelle (Post 15797944)
We are almost a family of 7, and drive a Grand Caravan. We have it all worked out how everyone will fit when the baby is born, and it might be a little tight, but we are going to stick w/ the Caravan. I would rather stick w/ that and have pretty good gas mileage vs upgrading to something bigger and paying a fortune to gas it up...

How are you getting all the carseats in?

Funnyfarmmomma 10-11-2012 11:15 AM

We are a family of 7 so far and Lord willing would LOVE to be larger :goodvibes: We drive a 12 passenger van and LOVE it! We had an Expedition for the past 7 years and even though we could technically fit still it was sooo uncomfortable and squished and we had no trunk space. I really love how much room we have now!