Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bra question ... bravado bliss? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452728)

MamaApril 10-11-2012 10:37 AM

Bra question ... bravado bliss?

I was trying to win ebay auctions for bravado seamless silk bras, and ended up also bidding on a New with Tags Bravado Bliss. It doesn't fit right, though, and I'm not sure if it's just because I bought a bit larger (knowing I'll need larger when the baby is born and I'm nursing again) or if it's just not a bra that is going to work for me.

The center portion doesn't come anywhere near staying close to my breastbone, it gapes away terribly. And then the pre-shaped cups leave me with the pointiest portion pointing OUT, rather than forward or giving a rounded look.

Does anyone know much about bravado bliss? Should I wait and see if it fits better when I'm breastfeeding my newborn, or just go ahead and re-sell it? I got a 38D, and right now I need 36D or 38C. I'm disappointed because I really wanted to love it. :(

I guess I need to keep trying to win some seamless silks to try. I usually buy 2 new Bravado ORiginal m++ when pregnant, and then one or two more nicer nursing bras that give more shape/support. Last pregnancy I bought 2 Anita underwires, and I also had some new Bravado Supremes. I've really come to prefer the underwires for going out, at least.

MamaApril 10-11-2012 10:40 AM

Re: Bra question ... bravado bliss?

I was thinking back to when I tried Goddess softcup bras because someone told me they were most supportive. But those had the same problem, pointing out more than forward, and gaping center. So maybe it's just not a good style for me.

AutumnRose 10-11-2012 05:00 PM

hmm thats odd, my Bravado Bliss was the best bra ive ever had, no pointing going on...maybe because its too big???

why did you go up in band size and not just cup size? the bras come with a band extender just in case but i never needed mine.

MamaApril 10-11-2012 05:33 PM

I didn't know it was going to come with a bra extender. I have other Bravado bras, and their measurements say I need a 38. The 36E Bravado Supreme I have is too tight in the band and too large in the cups, so I thought I'd get a 38. Went up the cup size, figuring it would be for later ... not now. I am usually a 36F or 38F when nursing.

At the moment, besides having weaned, I'm smaller because I lost 25 lbs before getting pregnant. Though I've been this weight with previous babies and still need the F or G cup when nursing, so I expect to go back up to 38D or beyond. I feel tiny at the moment, to be so small. :) I'll hang onto it for now and wait to see how it fits later. I hope it will be a great bra for me later.

There are things I don't like about the Bravado Supremes (no longer made), but they've been my go-to bra for years. I did finally start buying Anita underwires for when I dress up. The Bravado Originals are my sleep bras and early postpartum bras. I love them, just not the uni-boob look or the fact that by 12 months, they're losing support and are worn out after 2 years (for me at least, since I'm pushing the size limit on them.)

AutumnRose 10-11-2012 07:16 PM

yeah i have a supreme and its ok, the uni boob is def my issue with it too, although this baby is the first time ive ever measured properly, thought i was a 36C and found out im running a 32G, and holy cow! the supreme is def there to do the job! it doesnt stretch one bit, lol.

I really like breakourbras.com, she has a great system of measuring yourself and since i started going by her way of doing it i havent purchased a bra that doesnt fit properly.

Maybe also wait on buying too far ahead...I thought i wouldnt grow, never really noticed it before with nursing so i just purchased a 36 b/c...ended up needing to switch several times, 38 DD by the end of pregnancy to 34H, to 32G now, within 8 months i went from 175lbs to 130-135lbs and have stayed there for a few months now...but now i need to go down another band size...im just tired of buying bras!

MamaApril 10-11-2012 07:26 PM

I know I should wait to buy. Usually I'm not smaller during pregnancy, so it's just a matter of replacing older bras, same size.

I want to try the medium seamless body silk (which is what they say I need now) and if it supports/fits me well, I can get more mediums or larges later once I know what I'm going to need. It looks like it would look nicer than the bravado original ++ style, but be as comfortable. It might become my favorite if it works, but I haven't tried one on yet. Still shopping, but keep getting outbid.

Done at 3 10-11-2012 07:27 PM

I love the bravado bliss. I find it to be the most comfortable, yet supportive nursing bra I've ever had. There was a bit of torpedo boob for the first few wears, but it went away and is a very natural shape now. It does not gap in the front for me though. That sounds like a size issue.

MamaApril 10-11-2012 07:38 PM

Good to know the torpedo boob look doesn't last. I will wait until I grow into it and try it again. I'm only 18 weeks pregnant, so expect to grow even before baby arrives, and definitely afterward.

AutumnRose 10-11-2012 08:44 PM

:roflmbo: to torpedo boob....Man I must be tired cause that is HILARIOUS!

I've always wanted to try the silks myself...they have to be so popular on ebay for a reason!

MamaApril 10-14-2012 07:28 PM

Okay, today I got a backache from wearing a non-nursing bra that was a little too tight, so I was trying on different nursing bras trying to find one that wasn't too large in the cup. I finally grabbed the Bravado Bliss to try again and tightened the band one more set of hooks. It fits better now, though the cups are a little empty toward the top at the moment. I'm wearing it for now while my only comfortable bra is in the wash. I need either more bras, or for this pregnancy to grow my chest again!