Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   how do I make chicken noodle soup (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452729)

monkeymama07 10-11-2012 11:42 AM

how do I make chicken noodle soup

Can i use split chicken breasts with rib meat?

How do i make it?

BabyLuvinMama 10-11-2012 11:47 AM

Re: how do I make chicken noodle soup

SUPER simple... Put your chicken in the Pot skin bones and all... Cover with Cold Water
Add an onion 2 carrots 2 celery stalks and leaves if you have em some pepper and a Bayleaf... Let it come to a boil and simmer for about 2 Hours... Pull out the chicken remove the skin and bones.
STRAIN the juice and discard all the veggies you have chicken stock! just taste for salt and pepper let cool and Freeze OR use right away

Add back your chopped Chicken, add Fresh Veggies Anything you have or want to put in is Just fine but basic is carrot onion celery let the veggies cook up till almost done add 1/2c of Egg Noodles per person just before people are ready to eat and your done.
If you dont serve that night the noodles will turn to mush and thicken up the stock so you can remove the extra Noodles and refrigerate Or just precook the Noodles Separately and pour over broth in each persons Bowl.

Hope it Helps if you need anything MORE PM me Im happy to help

earthflower 10-11-2012 12:00 PM

I like to use a Dry Soup Mix and add fresh corn into it, super fast and yummy

monkeymama07 10-11-2012 12:02 PM

Thanks started it :)

MrsJennN 10-11-2012 12:07 PM

Same as pp said but I add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables too and have chicken noodle vegetable soup. Healthy and yummy.

rumblepurr 10-11-2012 12:16 PM

Fast way: Fill a pot with 3 cups water add chicken, chopped onion and 2 cups broth (homemade or canned). When chicken is about 3/4 way done, remove it and add 2 carrots, and 2 celery stalks, chopped, and turn up the heat. Here is where you can add noodles for chicken noodle soup when the broth begins to boil. After the chicken has cooled enough to handle, I chop it up and add it it back in to finish cooking. Add some parsley, pepper and salt to taste.

monkeymama07 10-11-2012 01:14 PM

It smells really good

delicatefade 10-11-2012 01:26 PM

For future reference, you can use leftover bones, skin, etc. from a roasted chicken to make chicken broth. Do it the same way that BabyLuvinMama said.

JustJack 10-11-2012 07:29 PM

I prefer to cut up chicken breast and sauté in a bit of olive oil. I remove chicken when cooked and lightly browned and add the veggies (celery, carrot, onion whatever). I let that cook for a few minutes and add some garlic. Then I add about 6 cups of water and Better than Bullion chicken stock starter to taste. Bring to a boil and add in some tri color rotini (or whatever noodles I have) and add back in the chicken and let boil for 9-10 minutes. Done! I serve with parm cheese sprinkled on top. Super easy and tasty dinner ready in 20 minutes or so.

misskira 10-11-2012 07:41 PM

Homemade egg noodles! Beat some eggs (I use 6 for a whole chicken) and add some salt to it. Mix in flour until it forms a ball. Roll it out using tons of flour, and use a pizza cutter to cut the noodles to about 1/2"x1". Add to the oiling soup and boil until done, about 7ish minutes. Sooooo delicious!