Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Homesteading (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Selling/bartering. Am I a pushover? What's up?! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452786)

sarahannecloud9 10-11-2012 12:44 PM

Selling/bartering. Am I a pushover? What's up?!

So we have a local sales site. It's kinda like the fs threads here, but ads. I have a bunch of nice things listed and some thing do sell fast and easy. My problem is almost every person wants me to drive to them? :banghead: I have my prices rock bottom so they sell fast. For example. I have a diamond/gold wedding ring listed for $225, just appraised at $600. A woman drug on for a week with e-mails about how she just had to have it. Then she insisted I drive 2+ hrs to bring it to her. ????? What if she had backed out when we got there. I thought when you buy from someone you go to their meeting place. And trades. I always end up going to them. :( The gas just stinks. When I'm selling/tradeing something for so cheap, we really loose with the gas.

What do you gals do? I have "pick up in Pleasant Hill". What about when you have on a certian item price firm please. Then they get to the meet and say they will only pay whatever.

Seriously, am I doing something wrong. I don't wanna scare people away.

I just went 20 min down the road to meet a guy and waited 45 min only to have him not show or call. It was a real waste of time. Getting the boys ready, loading up, keeping them from going bonkers in the car, missing valuable hs time.:headscratch:

Where is the mutual respect. It wasn't always like this.

TIA!!!!

igotmywings 10-11-2012 02:16 PM

Re: Selling/bartering. Am I a pushover? What's up?!

I would state that due to past issues with trades you aren't willing to meet anyone They MUST drive to you.

I don't drive for my bartering (well..mostly) for that reason! I hate it when I say price is firm and I get there and they try to barter even more.

3lilbubs 10-11-2012 02:30 PM

ah, sarah that stinks. :( I usually meet people halfway or suggest we meet somewhere central in town. Usually walmart, video cameras and well lit and busy parking lot puts both parties at ease. I drove one of the roosters I sold out to the lady who took him and it really made me nervous. She was a wonderful lady and we actually had a lot in common but I really shouldn't have done that, esp since I drove out to the sticks unarmed. Maybe that's what is stopping people? They're out of their comfort zone? So they're bargaining with you when you meet too? Well that's just bad manners.

sarahannecloud9 10-11-2012 02:51 PM

Yea, talking me down further when we meet. :( It's getting old, but I have to sell this stuff. Craigs is just bs. it's really all spam e-mails. Wild scams!

:( Boy Liz, you shouldn't have done that is right. be carefull. ;)

I like to meet at the $ store they built on the highway out here. It's not too far for me if I'm the one selling. I don't mind half ways for trades, but i always end up going to them.

I do think it's a good idea to start putting the due to past experiences thing. I like that idea. Thanks hun. :)

3lilbubs 10-11-2012 03:21 PM

I know. :hide: Dh gave me what-for about that. I honestly didn't realize she literally had a ranch in the boonies. I though it was a lot closer than that.

Something to think about, I use bookoo not cragslist. Less scammy crud going on. Here's a link to the ones in your area:

http://www.bookoo.com/loc-Tennessee....=Tennessee&z=7

igotmywings 10-11-2012 04:17 PM

You might also try backpage..its awesome!

sarahannecloud9 10-11-2012 05:23 PM

Thanks momas!