Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transaction & Feedback Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How long do you "hold" stuff for someone on FSOT? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452827)

Celeste 10-11-2012 02:26 PM

How long do you "hold" stuff for someone on FSOT?

I have a whole bunch of girls' clothes and shoes on FSOT, and most of it is selling pretty well. I have one mama who asked about a few things and we've been PM'ing the last 3 days. I have had other mamas ask about the some of the same stuff. I try to answer my PMs asap, usually under an hour. I know not all mamas can do that, but I would like to sell my stuff and get it out of here. :) She says she wants the stuff, but I only hear from her (usually in the middle of the night) once a day. So...wwyd? Do you hold stuff for a few days and go back and forth, or move on to the next mama who is ready to pay immediately? I don't want to be shady, but I just want to sell my stuff, get my pp, and get some more space in our closets! TIA!

Fishie Kisses 10-11-2012 02:39 PM

I would send her a polite pm saying that you have someone else interested but she has first dibs, and you need to know ASAP.

I recently had someone give the impression they only wanted to trade so I sold to the next person. Turns out she was just trying to feel out what I would take and wanted the item regardless, so I felt bad.

stevensmom 10-11-2012 02:46 PM

Re: How long do you "hold" stuff for someone on FSOT?

I would send her another pm and say please tell me if you are going to buy these as I have others intersted. If I don't hear back from you tomorrow then I will move on to the next in line :)

I personally would give her at least 8 hours from your pm to respond. Don't know their schedule and when they are able to get online etc

earthflower 10-11-2012 02:47 PM

I would wait 24hs for payment after giving out my pp addy, then move on. If I haven't given a buyer my payment info and buyer hasn't committed to buying, I would move on to the next person.

MommyNicoleof3 10-11-2012 02:48 PM

I'd say sell it to the first mama to pay you for it all. If I were really interested in an item or a group of items, I would be constantly checking in with the mama who was selling the stuff. But thats just me. If you wait, the other mama's interested may back out or buy something else in the mean time, leaving you stuck with the items.

magoose 10-11-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earthflower (Post 15799107)
I would wait 24hs for payment after giving out my pp addy, then move on. If I haven't given a buyer my payment info and buyer hasn't committed to buying, I would move on to the next person.

This is what I would do too.

BeccaSueCongdon 10-11-2012 10:46 PM

I always tell people that I'm not holding anything for anyone, I just sell to people who are pp ready and sitting at their computer ready to pay. If I tell them my pp and they don't pay within an hour or two I move on. But I have diaper swappers on my iPhone, so when someone messages me to ask or express interest, I'm responding live and expect the same.

ajane 10-12-2012 06:14 AM

If she asked if you could hold it for her until, say Mon. if you wanted to do that for her then go ahead. But, if you have other mama's interested and want to clear it out, then tell her you are sorry, but need to clear it out now and can't hold it as you have a few other interested mama's.

I would also let her know that you have many people interested and payment needs to be made within 4 hours of receiving PP addy when you give her the addy. Check to see if she has even read it, and if she still hasn't paid within 24 hours move on. You do not have to feel bad if they are wishy washy about it. IF they want it then they will pay asap.

VitaW 10-14-2012 07:25 AM

I have held things for people up to a week but they committed to buy and did pay me. I have also mentioned to others that I would really like something and if they still have it on say, Friday I will definitely buy it. Some will hold it and some will not. I have had people hold things for a week for me. I am grateful but I never expect it.

You are the seller. You set the rules. The thing you need to keep in mind though is that there are people on here from all over and they are probably not in your time zone so I think 24 hours wait time is just polite.

I_run_with_scissors 10-14-2012 05:32 PM

id wait a day for payment if someone asked for my PP addy, but otherwise whoever asks for it first gets first dibs

ive been burned more than once by being kind and holding items for people so im done with that now