Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/o How often do you change (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452860)

Lanae 10-11-2012 05:06 PM

S/o How often do you change

I was reading all these posts about how sposies can be cheaper than cloth.... All I can think to myself is "no way unless your not changing often". I change every pee and/or poo which at 21.5mo means an absolute minimum of 1x an hr during the day but only one diaper at night. Is it normal to wait or change right away?

Eta: my mom thinks its weird I change every time cause "they can hold more"

Nickel+3 10-11-2012 05:10 PM

Well we do EC so she's often naked sitting on a blanket. She goes pee every 45min or so on the potty and poops once a day. That'd be a lot of diapers! I use diapers for naps and when we're out and go through maybe 3-6 in a day.

Nickel+3 10-11-2012 05:11 PM

Oh and she's 8 months old

escapethevillage 10-11-2012 05:17 PM

Re: S/o How often do you change

The infants get changed more often, but a toddler gets changed about three times a day during the daycare hours. (maybe only two times)

Computermama 10-11-2012 05:21 PM

At least every 2 hours, less if I'm reasonably sure they're wet or dirty. The exception to that is if they're sleeping. People here are appalled that I can go through 10 diapers for DD2 in a day. It's not that hard.

qsefthuko 10-11-2012 05:21 PM

We change about 6-12 diapers a day. Some days he doesn't drink a lot. Those days even changing every pee we only use half dozen diapers. Other days he drinks and nurses a lot. Those days we use a dozen diapers maybe more. Typically we do about 8-10. When we have malt o meal with flax seed we get more poopy diapers as well.

ashley84 10-11-2012 05:25 PM

I don't change for every pee. With two in diapers, I would lose my mind trying to keep up with every pee. I do change for every poop though. Poop aside, I change my toddler every 2-3 hours. I change the baby every time she wakes up and eats, which is also about every 2-3 hours. Both of my kids are in cloth, full-time. My toddler wears a sposie to bed every night.

Lanae 10-11-2012 05:53 PM

In case you're wondering I do use cloth (currently on vacation using sposies due to luggage weight). Usually I have to change every 30 min for every pee so for me disposables are way expensive. I wash a full load every 2-3days and cloth saves our pocket big time.

FindingMercy 10-11-2012 06:14 PM

Every 2-3 hours or when poopy. If I changed every pee that would be all that would get done in a day. With 3 kids and a house to clean and meals to cook, it's just not going to happen nor do I think it's necessary.

my2sweets 10-11-2012 06:24 PM

When i used sposies it was every 2-2.5 hrs unless it was poopy or they were sleeping.