Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In April (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Anyone else in that "chunky or pregnant?" stage? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452865)

Mom2Connor 10-11-2012 04:16 PM

Anyone else in that "chunky or pregnant?" stage?

Ugh. I am usually not the one to stress about gaining weight during pregnany (really, I'm not). But I am heavier than I was with DS when I was pregnant, and was working out and slowly losing weight for the 6 months or so leading up to getting pregnant with this baby. Unfortunately, I was only down to 160 (I am 5'6") so I definitely still had some flab. :blush: Now, at almost 13 wks, I definitely have a little baby bump but there is enough flab that when I'm wearing clothes you can't really tell if I'm pregnant or just extra chunky. It makes me feel so self conscious! I'm ready to just be more pregnant so it's obvious.

TrennaII 10-11-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Anyone else in that "chunky or pregnant?" stage?

I hear you! We're TTC and I'm *maybe* just a few days along but already looking in the mirror going "wow, DS really did a number on me ... I really wish I'd lost a little more before we tried to get pregnant" ... I gained a little in the past few months, so none of my pants fit, but if I'm pregnant now does it make more sense to buy new jeans, or just haul out the maternity jeans for the first month?

The best part is we won't be telling my fiancee's 14-year-old until I'm 12 weeks, and I tend to show a lot the first trimester. Meanwhile I'm all about good nutrition and we're trying to teach her how to moderate her meals because she's gained 40 pounds recently (eating at her mother's, who has gained 100 lbs recently) ... So we'll be staying on her about not gaining weight, while I'm visibly chunking up ...

Maybe there is such a thing as almost pregnant, in the looks department!

KendallMarie 10-11-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Connor (Post 15799492)
Ugh. I am usually not the one to stress about gaining weight during pregnany (really, I'm not). But I am heavier than I was with DS when I was pregnant, and was working out and slowly losing weight for the 6 months or so leading up to getting pregnant with this baby. Unfortunately, I was only down to 160 (I am 5'6") so I definitely still had some flab. :blush: Now, at almost 13 wks, I definitely have a little baby bump but there is enough flab that when I'm wearing clothes you can't really tell if I'm pregnant or just extra chunky. It makes me feel so self conscious! I'm ready to just be more pregnant so it's obvious.

I'm nearly showing... but not quite. I haven't really gained much.... though I'm having some trouble dealing with that. Maternity pants at least make it look a little more like a baby bump rather then chunk today i just wore sized up jeans and i just felt fat all day. Came home and put on mat jeans to go out tonight... I might look more pregnant that I am... but at least i don't feel fat.

momneedssupport 10-11-2012 06:11 PM

Yes. Ive only gained 2lb but it looks like 10lb of fat:( I was fluffy to begin with.
Im short too so that doesnt help

canadianbakers 10-11-2012 07:23 PM

:blush: I don't think I'm in the chunky stage anymore. Pics are in the belly thread. You tell me.

MrsStripe 10-11-2012 07:45 PM

I'm hoping I can still pull off chunky next week at 15 1/2 weeks. I don't want to tell my co-workers I'm pregnant. FWIW, I only see them every 2 months or so and just don't think they need to know yet. I'll have to tell them in December, but they have that much less time to be "snippy" about it.

RunawayBunny 10-11-2012 08:24 PM

I am sure I look chuncky to someone who doesnt know I am pregnant. As a matter of fact, I went to a spa on Tuesday (gift from mil!) and the woman was shocked I was pregnant. She said, "you dont look pregnant at all!" I know she was paying me a compliment, but I looked at my belly that doesnt even fit in sized up pants and wondered if she thought i was just chunky in the middle or was trying to get a better tip... I am guessing I still just look a little chunky...

bai18176 10-11-2012 08:26 PM

Oh I hate that stage! I'm not quite there yet, but considering this is #5, I imagine it won't be long. I haven't gained any weight yet, lack of appetite I suppose, but I either want to look pregnant or not! I have a very small belly right now, (probably only visible to me!) but very soon I will be in the "chunky" phase. FWIW, I don't think "flab" has much to do with the chunky preggo thing! Hoping it passes quickly for both of us!

EmilytheStrange 10-11-2012 09:27 PM

I understand. I had a last minute wardrobe change for a ball and I just looked bulky and like my dress didn't fit right. That plus hormones was not a fun night.

mibarra 10-11-2012 09:57 PM

Hey, we were almost exactly the same height/weight when we got pregnant! :)

This is my 3rd, and I was in maternity pants by 9 weeks. ;) You almost always get bigger faster the 2nd time. I say it's like blowing up a balloon, it's much easier once it's already been blown up!