Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   zoloft while breastfeeding (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452899)

Kmccall08 10-11-2012 07:08 PM

zoloft while breastfeeding

has anyone taken it while bf?

mibarra 10-11-2012 10:02 PM

Re: zoloft while breastfeeding

I keep seeing all these commercials on the TV about a lawsuit related to Zoloft and birth defects when taken during pregnancy, but I know you can take more BFing than when pregnant...

neuro_mom 10-11-2012 10:20 PM

Zoloft is supposed to be considered safe when taken during bf'ing because it reportedly isn't secreted in the breast milk. I'm not an M.D. or a pharmacist though. You might consider talking to your ob/gyn, pediatrician, or pharmacist if that helps.

l_Kimmie_l 10-12-2012 07:40 AM

THey tell you not to take it during pregnancy in the last trimester as it causes lung issues. It is considered safe while BFing as it is not secreted in milk. I am not on that one, but on Paxil. I have not had any issues, nor has my little one.

crunchymom2b 10-12-2012 01:57 PM

imon it now w/o issue

Kmccall08 10-21-2012 09:32 AM

just wanted to update this i started taking zoloft last saturday and i noticed my ds was off balance so i called the pediatric nurse and pharmacist and they both said it is sexreted into breastmilk and it could def be the cause of my ds being off balance so i stopped taking it :/ scary imo

mmeneely 10-21-2012 10:04 AM

Everything comes through BM. Have you tried Cipralex or Wellbutrin? We have prescribed it with much success.

lalaith 10-21-2012 02:28 PM

Me! No problems at all so far (DS is 7 mo). My doc actually put me on it because its safer while bfing than what I was on before v

MamaZnR 10-22-2012 07:21 PM

I have taken it both in pregnancy and breast fed my currently 11 month old. I see a psychiatrist who specializes in pregnant and pp women. Zoloft has the least amount that passes through breast milk. I have seen no ill side effects on my child.
When you say the baby was off balance, what was she doing? Did you start on a low dose?

Kmccall08 10-22-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaZnR (Post 15845571)
I have taken it both in pregnancy and breast fed my currently 11 month old. I see a psychiatrist who specializes in pregnant and pp women. Zoloft has the least amount that passes through breast milk. I have seen no ill side effects on my child.
When you say the baby was off balance, what was she doing? Did you start on a low dose?

i was started on 50mg and my son was falling down and tripping on anything and nothing almost like he was dizzy
and just fyi he is 18 months old