Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I need an overnight solution! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453021)

madebymommy 10-12-2012 07:44 AM

I need an overnight solution!

My 16 month old DD sleeps through the night, but wakes up absolutely soaked no matter what I put on her! We normally use Sunbabys with 2 inserts during the day, so I tried 3 inserts and a good fleece cover... She peed through. I had an old GM so I tried that with a fleece cover... She peed through. I tried the GM with a PUL cover... Same! I've tried different inserts, and then tried various brands of sposies... She still pees through!

So I'm thinking of trying a new fitted (the GM I have is like 6 years old and.pretty rough) and a fleecer cover with longies over that... It's getting freezing cold here at night so she won't be too warm. Can anyone suggest a good fitted for a heavy wetter?

I liked GMs but I'm not looking to pay $35+ for one diaper. Thanks for your help!

armywife21 10-12-2012 08:44 AM

Re: I need an overnight solution!

Back in the day when we used fleece with my DD we always got compression leaking. I wouldn't recommend that for nights personally. I would go with PUL or a wool cover if fitteds are what you really want to stick with. Personally a pocket stuffed with a flip organic insert and microfiber insert would be the most thirsty thing I could think of even better than most fitteds. I'd also size up a bit on the rise. Like if your DD is on the small or medium setting go up one so its not pressing down and forcing the liquid out if its super saturated.

abunchoflemons 10-12-2012 09:03 AM

Try hemp or bamboo fabrics?

madebymommy 10-12-2012 04:31 PM

She's on the biggest setting for rise, she has a super long torso! I have a random flip insert I found, I should try that!

olstep 10-12-2012 04:41 PM

I'd try a fitted. Just an insert may not work for heavy wetters. Bigger surface works better than thicker. Does it make sense? By some reason 2 tri-folded prefolds do not provide as good absorbency as 1 trifolded prefold with another one wrapped around the baby.

One Little Window 10-12-2012 05:56 PM

I was recently gifted 2 fitteds and hemp boosters. That inside an econobum cover that I had is the first time in months she's not leaked, including in sposies. I'm on the lookout for a sbish good.night snapless to try also, though.

I agree that fitteds are worth it. I, personally, dont' think a pocket or just insert would ever work for mine.

SomeThing 10-12-2012 09:55 PM

We use a bamboo fitted with a microfleece liner to keep LO feeling dry, and a wool cover. Tried a prefold and it was soaked through almost immediately. Bamboo seems to hold more than cotton.

ajbailey89 10-12-2012 09:58 PM

Natural fiber fitted (like bamboo or hemp) with wool over top is probably your answer.

Jedimomma 10-12-2012 10:00 PM

I use pockets with one hemp and one mf insert, but my dd is not a super heavy wetter.

My older dd was though! For her fitteds and wool were the only thing that worked! I used kissaluvs fitteds, but there's probably something better out there (workhorse maybe?) I just used what I had at the time. Lol

Magoo07 10-12-2012 10:03 PM

In this order we use a hemp doubler, microfiber insert, flip stay dry insert, all inside a flip cover. I love that the flip cover has the flaps of PUL at the front and back... I think that's part of what keeps her dry for so long. All inserts are saturated when she wakes up, but her clothes and sheets are dry!