Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why do people who are not Mods or the OP... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453216)

earthflower 10-12-2012 04:14 PM

Why do people who are not Mods or the OP...

Why do people feel the need to report a "sensitive thread" to be moved if the OP hasn't requested it or a mod hasn't decided to move it? I know some people do not want to read or just would rather not read threads that are posted in Sensitive Subjects forum and if their post is moved there, they can't view it unless they "join" that forum. I know it happened last week as well w/ the scavenger hunt. If its not your post and you are not a mod why would you make that request?

Fishie Kisses 10-12-2012 04:21 PM

Re: Why do people who are not Mods or the OP...

some topics belong in that forum, regardless of whether or not people want to join it or read other threads in there

ETA--just because a thread is reported "to be moved" doesn't mean we will actually move it either. Only if it belongs there

mibarra 10-12-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses
some topics belong in that forum, regardless of whether or not people want to join it or read other threads in there

ETA--just because a thread is reported "to be moved" doesn't mean we will actually move it either. Only if it belongs there

And there's so many threads, I would think the mods can't see everything all the time ;)

canadianbakers 10-12-2012 06:38 PM

I assume you're asking because of the once recent sensitive one today? I think that one belonged in that forum, where it's not so "out there". In that instance, the OP herself didn't know about SS. Assuming, but if she did know about it, likely she would have posted it there to begin with.

luvsviola 10-12-2012 07:08 PM

This is a very active board, and mods don't always catch everything very quickly due to the volunteer status of their positions, and the real life of being a mommy. Reporting it just brings it to their attention faster.

mg5g 10-12-2012 07:20 PM

What everyone else said :)
Some things for whatever reason just belong in different areas of DS. Like parenting, homeschooling, thrifty forum etc SS are no different really in that there is a certain place for them here.

HugeBabyBoy 10-12-2012 07:33 PM

There's an SS thread?? I'm sure that a good read! Where/how do I find it?

stevensmom 10-12-2012 07:39 PM

we get tons of reports about things that should be in a different forum and like pp said most of the reports are legit.

like the off topic forum...it should be for off topic stuff (no mention of kids, etc)

for the example of todays thread that got moved...it was a sensitive subject and it should have been in the ss forum to begin with...however the op didn't know we had that forum.

somo_chickenlady 10-12-2012 08:49 PM

...and from the side of an OP...it doesn't help to "move the post to SS so the OP can get the support she needs in a more private area" when the OP can't access said area. Even 5 HOURS after the post being moved to SS and requesting access, I STILL haven't been granted access, and therefore can't read my OWN post. :banghead: I have since moved my subject to another forum. Thanks anyway...

mommy2kaitlyn 10-12-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady
...and from the side of an OP...it doesn't help to "move the post to SS so the OP can get the support she needs in a more private area" when the OP can't access said area. Even 5 HOURS after the post being moved to SS and requesting access, I STILL haven't been granted access, and therefore can't read my OWN post. :banghead: I have since moved my subject to another forum. Thanks anyway...

Last I knew SS was instant acceptance. You sure you aren't abler to see it or hit send for request?

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.