Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due in March (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Surprise, Planned or Rainbow Baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453233)

twinpossible 10-12-2012 05:11 PM

Surprise, Planned or Rainbow Baby?

I thought it would be fun to hear all your stories of how this baby came to be :)

For us we had 6 years of infertility. We were married at 21 and 22 but nothing happened naturally. We were told by doctors that it was likely that we would never have children. They were wrong :giggle:

I had a couple early miscarriages before our girls (before 8 weeks) then the girls and we thought we were lucky enough to get them that a pregnancy might not ever happen again. We got pregnant when the girls were 9 months old, with another set of twins! (all natural, I promise!) We lost the first twin at 7 weeks and the second at 12 weeks. With a heavy heart I thought it would never happen again. Two months later we got this little rainbow and so far everything has been perfect...well except for the throwing up 3 times a day until 15 weeks!

As for more...maybe! We are thinking maybe one more after this one but in a couple years if we can plan it that way. What about all of you?

sterlids 10-12-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Surprise, Planned or Rainbow Baby?

this is a surprise, rainbow baby! had to take clomid to get pregnant with our son. then had a blighted ovum in 2010. was just fine with just our son. i have pretty moderate pcos so we thought chances getting pregnant naturally were pretty slim. wasn't trying, wasn't preventing since bc is the worst thing for pcos. the funniest part is that i was gonna go check out the base roller derby team the night i found out i'm pregnant! so glad i took that test!

amcess721 10-12-2012 07:02 PM

We were married when we were both 22 and didn't have our first until we were 28.

Took us 8 long months to get pregnant with #1. I ended up needing to be on some meds to bring down a high prolactin level and had to have an MRI to rule out a pituitary tumor - all very scary at the time.

#2 took 4 months of trying and we got him on a month we thought we had no chance... we literally did it once during the fertile time - that same month was the month my grandma died and Richie ended up with a 3 week very painful case of shingles on his face/around his eye. So I guess you could say we were very surpised by that BFP!

This one was planned, but the shock came in that it only took one month of trying!

This is our last. Hubs is eager to get the V when this baby is out and we're all safe.

Mom2lucy 10-12-2012 07:04 PM

7 months of trying makes this a planned baby! :)

Christylkeller 10-12-2012 07:31 PM

Rainbow and planned... well more planned than our other children. It isn't that they weren't planned, but we went through fertility treatments just before we conceived our 1st, 4 yrs later of NOT preventing we got pregnant with the 2nd, had an ovary removed and was told with our history of infertility it would be very unlikely for us to get pregnant without some form of treatment, well 10 months after the surgery we were pregnant. Then almost 3 years later we got pregnant with the one we lost, again while never preventing. After our loss, I kind of got aggressive and started reading up on fertility and started temping, checking CP and CM to find out if I was ovulating and how often my 1 ovary was ovulating. Found out it was monthly, later in my cycle with an 11 day luteal phase and still nothing. So, I started taking RRL, Maca and a mega B complex... 1st month nothing, next month a bust due to a serious car accident I was in and wasn't taking any supplements due to the accident, 3rd month supplements + chiropractor and we got a BFP.

mommajewels 10-12-2012 07:55 PM

A surprise. We had actually just decided we felt complete with the 5 LO's that we have and Dh was going to have a Vasectomy as soon as he found out his schedule for school. Then we planned a 3 day camping trip and in a panic to make sure I remembered everything for 5 kids, I ended up forgetting 2 things. 1) A can opener. 2)Birth control.

About 2 weeks later we got our BFP. :giggle2:

twinpossible 10-12-2012 11:07 PM

How fun, I love reading all these stories! First because it makes me feel "normal" and second because they are all love stories :)

avismomma816 10-12-2012 11:18 PM

I had been with my now husband for 7 yrs (high school sweet hearts) planned on our wedding being April 2012... I found out in late Feb I was 3 months pregnant. We never used any protection in anyway and I guess it was time ... We cancelled our lavish wedding and got my funds back for venue and all... My brothers are pastors, that happen to work at the same church. That weekend we threw together a wedding in 3 days! Sounds crazy, but everything oddly enough worked out! I got just my immediate family to be there and we got a caterer to make the food... It was so amazing how much loved ones help out. It was lovely and I would rather have my small wedding than a big extravagantly expensive wedding any day!! And Avigail was with us at our wedding :)... I'm so blessed

TS8213 10-13-2012 07:27 AM

Got pregnant on our honeymoon with DD (weeeeee!) so that was pretty shocking since it was our first month NP. Decided when she was 8 months to start trying again. The second time around it took 9 loooong months to get pg with my DS. We thought we were done after him but weren't sure. We had marital issues in 2010/2011 and were separated, seeing other people. I unbeknowingly ended up pregnant again with the baby I lost at 15w. DH was so good to me during that time and it actually mended the huge riff between us (along with a lot of counseling). Anywho, I had 3 months of physical issues from the loss, so we didn't start NTNP until April. Got the BFP for our rainbow baby here at the end of June!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum

buko 10-13-2012 12:26 PM

New here!

This babe is planned and rainbow, I suppose.

Married 14 years now, together 17 (since I was 17)! But we always planned on waiting a while... my parents waited 10 years after marrying young, so I guess that was the norm for me.

Very lucky not to get pregnant all those years I didn't want to, and to get pregnant as soon as I did want to (on our very first try in February). Sadly, that pregnancy didn't stick-- I miscarried at 10 weeks. It was quite tough, but I had a very prophetic dream that has come true so far-- right before I lost the baby, I dreamed I would lose it, but get pregnant again within 6 weeks-- and that baby would be perfectly healthy and look like DH. So far, amazing true-- I tried again right away and conceived 5 weeks and 6 days after I stopped bleeding from the m/c.

Knock wood, this pregnancy has progressed in a textbook fashion. :) We're thrilled, and though the m/c was very hard and still causes me rare bout of anxiety, it also brought DH and me even closer together, so I guess it was in God's plan for us.