Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453265)

mamalinaaaa 10-12-2012 06:55 PM

Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash!

Ok I am not much of the cloth diaper addict and don't have multiple diaper typesin my stash. I have 24 small fuzzibunz and that's it! I am needing to switch for a bigger dipe. Considering getting 18 freetimes and that's it. But I'm torn between FB elite, freetimes and 4.0. I would like to try all of them! And I'm tempted to get a little of all three.

***So here's this question! If you have multiple diapers in your stash do you like it that way? If you had a choice and money wasn't an issue would you want your stash to consist of only your favorite diaper?

I tend to like symmetry so I feel like I want my stash to have only one diaper :)

ServingHim 10-12-2012 07:05 PM

Re: Lets talk about the diff dipes in your stash!

I liked only having 1 type of diaper when I first started cding 4 yrs ago but have found now that I like a variety. I like to change things up sometimes so now I have some of everything.
I have pockets (mostly for night time)
AIOs - they are just so darn easy when I am being lazy or I am out and about
Prefolds, Flats, and cover - I can trifold or pin/snappi if I want.

AZmommy 10-12-2012 07:07 PM

I had one type Thirsties for a long time I recently gained some Freetimes in the end I'd like 1 dozen each of the thirsties size 1 and size 2 and a dozen freetimes I figure that way I'm covered size wise for pretty much all diapering days... So like I'll have the thirsties size 1 for before a true onesize fits well and then the BG one size for that kinda akward stage between the two thirsties..
Plus I love the extra assorbancy of the freetimes but nothing beats the awsome daddy friendlness of the thirsties.

I get occasionally tempted with pockets then remember how much I hate those so I can easily pass on those.

nursenmom 10-12-2012 07:12 PM

I couldn't decide between a 2 step system (Flip, Grovia, Bestbottom) or pockets so I have 1/2 and 1/2 and it's perfect for me. I don't love stuffing, flips are cheaper and less laundry, but pockets are easy for dad and when out and about.

Marbie 10-12-2012 07:13 PM

I really like having a variety. We adore OS AIOs, so I pretty much collect one of each new kind that comes out. (They used to be a pretty rare breed!)

But then we also have pockets (mostly use them as covers though because of our bad luck with microfleece leaking), covers, and prefolds (we trifold).

I like the prefolds because it allowed me to have a large stash in the beginning without spending too much money. Now they nicely round out our stash.

But I also wanted to add that I like variety in everything in life and I don't like making decisions. I like to explore every option, and having just one type of diaper would feel so confining!

mamalinaaaa 10-12-2012 07:21 PM

Haha confining :)

I am scared of getting three different diapers and preferring one over the others and reaching for it more. I mean I understand finding what you like but I dont know

I got out FB in all the colors but I use the ugly orange and bright green for night time and save the cute spearmint color for day haha

FriedaT 10-12-2012 07:22 PM

I used to have a little bit of everything but have now streamlined to flats, prefolds, and workhorse fitteds. I don't think I would be happy with just one type as my mood and needs change often.

bcarroll9494 10-12-2012 07:25 PM

I have a little bit of everything and I never minded it being a mix-mash. DH definitely did, though!
I liked the option of having different styles available for different occasions. Loved PFs/covers for NBs and around the house. For a while we used pockets at night, then switched to fitteds for night after 10 months.

Plus, I believe, and have heard from many other posters around here..... baby's diaper needs can change as they grow.

MommaMal 10-12-2012 07:45 PM

Oh my goodness I have so many types of diapers. I have a bunch of different pockets, some AI2, some AIO, some prefolds and some flats, fitteds, and hybrid fitteds as well as fleece, wool, and PUL covers

I get bored easily and like to switch between the types pretty frequently. Lately I've been loving our large FB and WAHM fitteds with knit fabric outer.

If I had an unlimited budget I think I would be swimming in diaper, floor to ceiling. I would still keep the diversity though. I like different fits for different things. I'm no help to someone that likes a streamlined stash ;)
I wouldn't go with FB OS since they run very small compared to most other OS. BG 4.0 are pretty accurate on their sizing if you want to do OS

cher0105 10-12-2012 07:58 PM

I need streamlined but with a little variety. I have 27 pockets (all but 3 are bGs), 8 Flips, 4 dozen inserts (about a dozen of each kind, of course :)). I love the ease and brainlessness of pockets but sometimes need the flexibility that Flips allow.